Copper King 2012

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this at the Coaster ride on Sunday. I was there with my '29 Hawthorne with the fake wooden wheels. I love this bike, I've been wanting to do a build with copper plated wheels for awhile, looks like you beat me to it.

bike2112 said:
cyclonecoaster.com said:
Thanks everyone for the positive response - I knew I built something special I heard a 10 year old kid along the ride as we started out yell out " that bike is sick !!! " - I hope I inspired him with my 1935 Silverking Rat Rod Rider --

You inspired this 42 year old kid. Where did you get the copper rims done??????

My friend Jay @ MODE BIKES in Costa Mesa CA -- his website is http://www.modebikes.com -- tell him Frank from CYCLONE COASTER sent you --

Saw your ride at the Coaster ride, too. I was on my "rust bike" (prewar, unknown brand). I was trying to explain to my girl the build off I was doing and how the custom builds on this site differ from the mostly restored or unrestored bikes on the ride. The two main examples I was using along the ride were your bike and the early Hawthorne mentioned above. Small world! Good luck with the voting. You gonna ride this one on the Long Beach Marathon?

LBCJ said:
Saw your ride at the Coaster ride, too. I was on my "rust bike" (prewar, unknown brand). I was trying to explain to my girl the build off I was doing and how the custom builds on this site differ from the mostly restored or unrestored bikes on the ride. The two main examples I was using along the ride were your bike and the early Hawthorne mentioned above. Small world! Good luck with the voting. You gonna ride this one on the Long Beach Marathon?

SilverkingSunset2Aug2012.jpg

I don't know about a 26.2 mile ride on this for the Long Beach Marathon bicycle tour in October -- for that this bike is too clean -- I like to ride the " crustiest looking " bicycle in the fleet -- I rode these two bicycles in previous years - a green & Ivory Schwinn cantilever B6 which is the bicycle I just took up north to the ride the Rolling Relics hosted that rode across the Golden Gate Bridge a couple of weeks ago & The first year metallic red Schwinn Phantom I rode 2 years ago at the Long Beach Marathon & the picture below that is sign up day the day before the LB Marathon - they look crusty & they are all original - but I service all the bearings & run new tubes - tires & true the wheels -- I have been entering the Long Beach Bicycle tour since 2006 with these kind of bicycles just to shock the " spandex crowd " I even put a surf board on the back one year -- the comments you usually get are things like " where are the gears on that " - it's all about having fun out there - in the past we also did the Los Angeles Marathon when they still allowed the bicycles in that event -- 2 or 3 years back they stopped the bicycle participation in the LA Marathon - so Long Beach is our Marathon every year -- All are welcome to sign up & join us on that too -- go online to do that - it's around $40.- bucks to enter but that's a small price to pay to be in a marathon - who here can say they have been in one ?? -- I even rode a crusty Roadmaster Cycletruck one year thats there onr the bottom pic - Ride Vintage - Frank

06SanFranciscoWEB7-21-12.jpg

2010-CRUSTYRedPhantom.jpg

Signinginthenightbefore.jpg

LBM08WEB-1.jpg

Where is your kick stand?

Latest posts

Back