Coppertooth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I couldn't think of a name, so 46 CWC will do. I'm starting with a 46 or 47 CWC bike, and a set of 3G wheels, rear hub converted to skiptooth. This is the oldest bike I've ever had. I have a bunch of copper things for accessories. The seat may get upholstered or be just bare pan. The biggest challenge right now is how to straighten the front fender brace.

5k1zxd.jpg

Re: 46 CWC

I like the CWC frames, have several. Also like the curved fender stays. Good choice.

Re: 46 CWC

This one is gonna be sweet!
Good luck buddy!
Maybe Coppertooth?

Re: 46 CWC "Coppertooth"

Wildcat said:
Coppertooth will do. Thanks!

Oh no, I may have just given you an edge. :shock: I named last years winner (among others). 8)

That was just to keep it from getting mixed in with the others. I wondered if anyone would notice. Here's a closeup of the handiwork someone did to convert the driver to skiptooth:

1qo2de.jpg

That's cool.

I like how these rims fit these frames with no mods, as long as you use 2.125 tires. The tires seem to look better too, I'm using a set of lightning darts on this build.

33csu95.jpg

Unfortunately, that's just a thick layer of brown paint that someone painted it some years ago. No primer used or original paint left under it. It comes off easily with a wire wheel. So, it'll be repainted, I haven't decided what color, or bare metal.

I think that rear sprocket is from a Morrow coaster brake. They supposedly invented the slot so you can replace spokes without having to take the sprocket off. Of course, now that it's welded you can put that to the test.

I previously checked the wheels and tires for clearance.

o0t5yg.jpg

You couldn't pick a better rim color to go with the patina. Awesome build.
Kenny

Latest posts

Back