Coppertooth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 46 CWC "Coppertooth"

I wondered why they made a slot in the skiptooth sprocket. The bendix wheel I got with the bike has the same type, but the WF wheel has round holes around the sprocket.
It seems everyone likes that old brown paint, so I might leave it or repaint it a flat brown.
Many here have made a lot of progress, but I'm still working on ideas and getting more stuff together. I might need another sheet of copper.
My theme changed also, it was going to be locomotive styled, but with the name "Coppertooth" I've gone a different direction.

11cbd51.jpg

I think you are going to make some blinged out copper GRILLZ teeth from the bundt pan. :mrgreen:

I may not use that pan, my plan now is to make a copper tank with teeth, either cut out or hammered in, if that's what that kind of metal work is called. Like the nose art on WW2 acft, a big set of teeth. Then I'll do the same as on my other CWC, make a backing for the sprocket from that sheet of copper instead of brass.

2yl8z9g.jpg

Wildcat said:
I may not use that pan, my plan now is to make a copper tank with teeth, either cut out or hammered in, if that's what that kind of metal work is called. Like the nose art on WW2 acft, a big set of teeth.

Something like this?
flying-tiger-plane-garry-gay.jpg

That bag is old, from a thrift store, probably was for a small pair of binoculars.

Yes, that's the idea for teeth, and those exhaust pipes gives me another idea. Now I need to get some copper tubing. Thanks!

Copper 45's make very cool header pipes.

That's what I had in mind. They have them at the hardware store, but 3 bucks apiece is way too much. I just remembered the truss rods, I have one of those heavy trussrod brackets from one of our members here.

You're taking over my build! :D

Just trying to spend your money. :D
I'll shut up now.

Found an old reflector that matches up with the copper cup, for a possible tail light.

2wd4pzn.jpg

I just noticed the reflector says "Stingray" on the back. It's missing the bolt and is banged up, so it's probably not worth much, but it will work well with an led light.

Progress, but no real work yet. I stopped at the fabric place looking for vinyl like you see on 50's style furniture, the sparkle kind. I was hoping for a copper or gold, but they didn't have any thing like that. So, after spending an hour with a bunch of nice old ladies, I found this fabric, a plastic snakeskin thing. To redo the seat, I'll need some padding too.

5ug600.jpg

That stuff is cool. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw it was an Elvis impersonator.
Thank you, thank you very much.

Well, that fabric is too thin, and I still want to do the seat with 50's style vinyl. Anyone have a square foot or two of that stuff?

I have a yard of that snakeskin fabric, and with it being thin, I may cover the fenders with it. I think plain white glue may work to stick it to the fenders.

I just painted a frame and like the green shade. I did a comparison to see how it looked. I'm still leaning toward flat brown though.

2v98cxe.jpg

Critter1 said:
That green goes great with the copper and snake skin.

+1
Great combo

Latest posts

Back