Coppertooth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 46 CWC "Coppertooth"

Wildcat said:
Thanks! That helps alot, I won't be bending and destroying things now. I think I have everything I need to get it done in time.

Hope so, good luck! Get to buildin'!

Re: renamed "Nighthog"

This is one of my favorite builds now with the frame change. Such a cool looking frame and the stance is gonna be kickin'. Can't wait to see the mock ups.

Got some work done today. The springer is really rusted, a pile of rust came out when I tapped on the handlebar stem. Bearings were rusted solid. Luckily, I have a Dyno-Glide women's frame, the forks are interchangeable. That's the frame I tried to do a gender change that didn't work out. And it'll take the 3" tire. I may use the springer later, and the purple forks dropped the front an inch. So here's the mockup. I noticed my feet don't reach the pedals, so the seat will come all the way down. And the chain has many kinks to work out.

dm5f2e.jpg

2aj1fug.jpg

zxsayr.jpg

MO FATTA MO BETTA
Cleaning up nicely.

It must be 10 feet of chain, I've given it 2 days to soak, and I'll see if it's useable. Seat stem is stuck too. I'll go out this afternoon for a mock up ride.

5vwvb4.jpg

Nope, chain is too far gone it won't free up. And the seat stem won't budge. I lowered it using the old school method.

oji9ox.jpg

The chain was a big hassle. I took it for a test ride before tearing it down for paint. It needs a spacer on the sprocket so the chain doesn't touch the tire. That's for tomorrow.

razza8.jpg

So which bike is it gonna be?
TICK TOCK!

The CWC will be my entry, if I can find a way to a computer before the deadline. Here it is in my truck this morning. A good ways to go yet. I'll be working on it while I'm at work today and tomorrow.

vgnamb.jpg

The seat pan isn't too bad for 57 years old:

10elzeh.jpg

Latest posts

Back