Couple fresh finds today...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thought I'd post these up and troll for a little information while I'm driving home.

2 bikes, one is an unlabeled Huffy with Skyway Tuff II's. Mainly got it for the mags, not sure but I doubt any Huffys came with Skyways? Maybe. If they did, I'll look into it a little more to see how original it might be.

2nd bike is a Dyno Nitro. Decent condition with aftermarket seat. Canti brakes say mid/late 90's to me.

Comments?

bmx1.jpg

bmx2.jpg

bmx3.jpg

I'd agree with the Skyway / Huffy thoughts. Cant think of one that came with them. If they did have mags I would expect them to be safelites or one of the lesser brands. Could be wrong though.

I'd bet it started out as a Sigma or similar bike.

Still looking into the Huffy. It has a Stu Thomsen stem on it, so there's an outside chance the mags came on it too, but I doubt it. Don't want to tear it apart just yet, but I have a Haro F/F that would look nice with the Skyways.

Dyno is pretty straightforward, but the wheels don't match. Front rim is Araya, rear is not, but the hub looks more appropriate.

The rear hub on the Dyno was a GT Mohawk. Shame its not a pair.

I was going to get these, but I couldn't get the time to take the 4hr roundtrip there from Cleveland.

The Skyways are worth double the asking price.

Not sure any huffys came with those mags either, better off posting the serial on bmxmuseum one of the vets there probably could give you a better idea.

cool bikes.
the huffy looks like it may be a mid 80's racing 30 that has been repainted and had a few upgrades.
i do know stu thompson had a racing huffy but im not sure this particular frame would have been it the stu thompson frames were a bit longer i believe.
the skyway mags are definitely aftermarket add ons and not original to the bike,so putting them on a haro would be a great idea.
the huffy would have come with a coaster brake/rear caliper brake and original colors would have been black with gold bars gold rims and gold crank and pads on stem bars and frame that say racing30 on them.
im guessing its 1985 maybe 1986.
the bars look to be different as well but the originals were similar to them.
the dyno is an excellent score very nice find and looks to be easy to clean up with a lil tlc.
the value on the huffy isnt a lot but that dyno would be worth a pretty penny fixed up
unfortunately in my biz i get lots of huffy they seem to come to me so i know alot about them.
the racing30 is still a decent bike but not very valuable it would be cool to have though.
hope that helps
Sean

Latest posts

Back