Couple questions on the Worksman Newsboy frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So having gotten distracted buying a mountain bike (Niner WFO9) and building a BMX (Sunday Soundwave), finally coming round to start gathering parts to do a klunker build. I have a line on a fork I want to use but I wanted to make sure it would fit. I am planning on ordering one of the raw frames. The Newsboy frame uses a 1in headset right? Could someone measure the axle to crown width of a stock fork?

Also what is the outer diameter of the seat tube (for the clamp)?

From what I understand, you have to make sure you buy a 1" headset with 32.5mm bearing cups. I'm running one of these Neco sealed bearing sets from Porkchop BMX on mine...

Headset-NecoH671A-SILVER-1-WATERMARK__60313.1536522300.1280.1280.jpg

The seat post clamp is a 1" (25.4mm) clamp.

Not sure about the fork measurement...don't have one on hand.

Maybe @The Renaissance Man can measure his.

I wonder if I can find a threadless headset with those size bearing cups. The fork is a 1in threadless fork (Kona P2).

Last edited:
You can convert them to 1-1/8 thread less if you wanted to go that route.
The Worksman cup size is weird. Bigger than old school Schwann from what I remember. I think I have some loose cups around if you wanted me to measure them.
RatRod did you have to shim that headset?

Worksman cup size is weird. From what I remember it’s larger than a Chicago Schwinn. You can convert it to 1-1/8 if you wanted. I have a bunch of Worksman cruisers, I converted one to 1-1/8 threadleas and it is solid!

Latest posts

Back