Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories

Pretty cool that two RRB members have Girvin fork stories on the same page.
Junknuts, you may want to do a little pricing research on your auction.

ive only ridden it around the block to make sure it shifted . the fork has a neoprene-ish looking bushing in place of the shock ( to stiffen it up- its a trials bike 24/26 ) if you google girvin vector youll stumble across the upgrade. this is an actual shot of my fork. but if you google it its the same bushing ( keep in mind ive not cleaned it since i got it - new england winter here )
raleighedge013_zps3ab2a39a.jpg

From what I have found they were made under the name of Girvin, Noleen, and K2

And now for something completely different.
Do we have any takers on some furry bikes?
http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/3617344747.html

He'll even "fur" your bike for you if you want!!!!

Those are actually really cool, I have thought about doing my moped like that!

I know there is a moratorium on BBC ads, and this one is fairly old so it was probably already posted here, but really:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Orange-County-Ch ... 0959509487

An $800 OCC Schwinn, that was SOLD? WITH $470 SHIPPING?

If that place ever burns to the ground one day, then the method to their madness suddenly becomes clear. Just sayin'...

I will not beleive that that auction/transaction actually finalized.

The sign is right in the picture!!! "STOP" Clearly anyone riding with the projectile pusher pointed back there, need more than a sign, like a bolt of "eeeeeouuuuuch," straight up their ***!
Tater said:
Toeslider said:
Is a "bike pusher" something I should be aware of?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/bik/3603729213.html

:shock: That thing looks like it will be featured in an episode of A Thousand Ways To Die.
3E43I73N95Lf5J25Mad28a600e2b94a571181.jpg

You can see a video on youtube of a guy riding one of those, I too worried a bit as I could imagine some issues with a stuck throttle and locked brakes... :eek:

Today I got a response to one of my listings along the lines of "I'm interested in your bike. Call me ASAP at xxx-xxxx".
Since I get my email on my smartphone, I called him literally 4 minutes after he sent the email. His response? "I'm not interested".

jerk.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Sad to think I've been cutting these up for parts when I should've sold a couple and made a house payment and then some!! :shock:

http://louisville.craigslist.org/bik/3612805552.html

They say "can be turned into a motorcycle very easy" haha depends on your definition of "easy" and "motorcycle."

clerkkent said:
Today I got a response to one of my listings along the lines of "I'm interested in your bike. Call me ASAP at xxx-xxxx".
Since I get my email on my smartphone, I called him literally 4 minutes after he sent the email. His response? "I'm not interested".

jerk.

I hate that too, I was selling a 4 wheeler locally to pay for a doctor's bill (really) using a Facebook sale page, 1 person said they wanted it as a reply to the ad, but a few minutes earlier someone had sent me an inbox message that they wanted it. I replied on the ad that I had someone coming to look at it and that all requests to see it were being taken in order. The person who put the reply on the ad sent me a nasty response about her being the first responder and did the same on the ad for everyone to see. That evening the people came and decided they didn't want it, so I immediately responded to the lady that was second and she was rude (go figure) and didn't want to even think about coming to see it because she wasn't given first dibs even though I had nicely explained to her that SHE WASN'T FIRST! haha It was all good, those people flaking out helped me sell it for $150 more than I would have gotten from them on Craigslist the next day.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Sad to think I've been cutting these up for parts when I should've sold a couple and made a house payment and then some!! :shock:

http://louisville.craigslist.org/bik/3612805552.html

Can be turned into a motorcycle... :lol: Can you imagine someone showing up at Sturgis on an occ chopper?

Got a occ in the basement nicer than that and if I got half of that I'd be doing my happy dance

Latest posts

Back