Crankenstein

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just checked in. Got pictures of early Elgin motobike which I plan to restore back to original medium range battlestar. As soon as I figure out the picture posting thing, I'll add them in.
Moto037.jpg
Moto038.jpg
Moto040.jpg

While cleaning out from under my bed, I pulled out the frame-set of what initially appeared to be just another early motobike as were so common and plentiful on Terra Acirema during the period from SD9.9.10 thru SD9.9.30. But then we all did a double-take when we began to discover evidence that this was not the case at all! Numerous empty mounting holes clearly not intended for standard accessories, burn patterns on the skin and tell-tale scaring of the skeletal structure could lead us to only one seemingly impossible conclusion.
Could this really be? A quick conference call to the Sneers and Blowbucks Institute archives confirmed our suspicions. What in fact stood before us was an actual Pre-Warholian Aissurian Scout ship! This revelation alone was mind-bending enough, but that was just the beginning. . .
Many of these ships had been converted to salvage transports after the invasion. Cruising to earth at 20 year intervals to collect used cigarette filters which are highly sought after as fuel in many remove regions of the universe. Most of the original fittings are missing of have been replaced with common replacement items. That fork has to go!
moto012.jpg

This should make some interesting bar units.
moto007.jpg

Hmmmm. . .
moto011.jpg

A little fabrication and cleaning.
Moto043.jpg

Legend has it that these ships were a little dicey to handle at subsonic speeds and very often were lost during re-entry.
CrankBar001.jpg

Most of the original drawings and plans have long dissapeared and we have to rely on ancient you-tube archives and stories passed down from eldens to recreate the missing pieces.
Since most of the original equipment has been either lost or stolen, we had to rely on drawings and pictures unearthed from graffiti which was discovered on the walls of the Paris underground.
crank004.jpg

Recreations were performed by professional drivers on a closed course.
Crank.b.jpg

Crank.a.jpg

In some cases, we were able to adapt pieces from other solar systems in place of originals
crank003.jpg

The final mock-up of the original communications and galactic positioning systems resemble in almost every way those pictured in our archives
crank024.jpg

Some more easily located items are rounded up and mounted in their appropriate locations.
Image003.jpg

Image008.jpg

later. . .

Hey bros,
Thanks for all the feedback, it really helps things along. Oh yes, the green tint has more to do with low-light photography with my cell. :?

Big points for the lighting system! Those old flashlights were some classy designs. Way cool!
Now as for the rest of the bike, It's just reeking of FreakBikeyness! Looking forward to a guided tour of this ships components!

You're an incredibly strange and clever man, may I call you friend? :D

Thanks for the great pics,
Chainsaw

Yes, this thing is crazy cool.

Reminds me of something out of an old Disney movie.

Just don't ever wipe out on this thing or it will look like an antique store blew up! :shock:

Latest posts

Back