Crodhopper — D O N E !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
stinkpot - nope, CRODHOPPER

stinkpot1.jpg

Here is the bike I will be using. The front forks and rim are trashed, fenders not so hot either (chop!). Frame looks cool brown and black spotty patina - may paint, not sure. Seat post was welded in! I do not know what type of bike it is, bought for $5 at flea market. It came apart real easy, all bearings, parts still good, and all welds still tight! My guess is a late 70's model cheap-o bike but I have no clue. If you have a guess I'd love to know!

stinkpot2.jpg

Started looking for other parts to use and tried a dry run - just goofing around really - have not decided what direction to take this thing, but I want it to "STINK" of rat rod, so I'm going for the old nasty look on mine I think!

stinkpot3.jpg

"Stinkpot" is actually a type of mud turtle found here in TX., it's very rare to see one, and me and my boys found one the other day - not knowing what is was we found out it was called a Stinkpot - so my rat rod bike took that name - me and my sons have anew project! It may be ugly and slow when It's all said and done - but it'll be "rare" (and beautiful to me) :mrgreen: [/img]

Can't wait to see progress on your bikes! Fun Stuff! -T.

I'll post pics soon of my progress, hopefully by tomorrow night. I found an old seat, and some wicked springy forks (at least to me) forks off a 1953 Wester Flyer X-53 Super. I have the whole bike, but it has some crucial missing parts/bearings/skip-tooth cranks so I can't use the frame on this one - forks look cool on frame above... for now, may change... also thinking of changing the name fork stinkpoy to CrodHopper - fun - will post soon as I can - lost electricity in my shop this eve, so had to stop for now. Cheers, T.

I really like your detailed pics w/comments. This will be a great build to watch.

The frame? I think older based on the design of the dropouts-late 40's/early 50's.

Hey thanks for feedback guys, and thanks for the info on frame so far! Here is progress on the seat - I driled holes on the back and screwed in spikes, lightly painted satin black & hit w/sandpaper a little - etc. - might rig some butt pads on it, not sure... but here it is so far...

crodseat01.jpg

[/img]

crodseat02.jpg

[/img]

crodseat03.jpg

[/img]

TOE CLIPS !!! for your NADS ?!?!?

looks very .... painful :shock:

oh well, thats the price you pay for looking cool !!! :lol:

Kingplinker be playin' for KEEPS!!!
good job so far, can' t wait to see the rest...

Latest posts

Back