Custom build 57 chevy lowrider bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After building a few custom frames and given my addiction to cars also I decicded to combine the two. I had some old 57 quarter panels and some 210 trim so i built a bike frame.

donor parts and some old pipe, got a frame started.

filling in the frame with scrap metal

quarters trimmed and tacked on frame for fit check

makeing a chainguard

test fitting trim and taillight housing

That is a great build.cant wait to see more. Hope to see a fender or headlight on there. My bars on my Space Chopper would lookgreat on that build.

Way cool. Are you going to use the gas fill flap for a door to a storage area or tool box?

old man Mike, I was planing on making the taillight function and fabbing in a battery box where the fuel door is but a storage area would be nice too, theres plenty of room behind the tire.

VinnyR, those handle bars are sweet I think ill have to fab something similar, ill have to look for some pics of a 57 steering wheel and make some similarities to that. Thanks for the idea. Ive been looking for a hood spear to fab into a front fender. Also planning on a seafoam green paintjob and air brushing on the belair fin trim. I built in a seatpan where the quarter panels meat the body, planning on covering the pan with similar material used on th 57 covers.

There was a similar thing built in Oz about 10 years ago using a '62 Holden. Was painted purple, had full front and all sorts of stuff. Sorry I haven't got any pics but I'm sure one of our other Aussie members would have (Hewey?).
Love the style, hope it turns out how you want 8) :D

Yeah its getting pretty heavy...it hauls down hill but better hope you got enough speed to make it up the next or your walking!! I dont mind, I built it pretty much for cruising around local car shows, swap meets, and to display. The pedals are out in front of you enough you can get some good leg power into pedaling it but it does lead to the rubber leg syndrome after a few miles :)

You DEFINATELY have my attention on this one! :shock:

any progress? :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back