Custom Diamondback "JOKER" ~~DONE, FINISHED, CONCLUDED!~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys!
Trying hard to get motivated to get outside and build up that fork, but we currently have about 700 Cockatoo's in our area an I am getting a hefty headache from the raucous calls, beautiful but noisy...

14354919483_3c0ddf089e_z.jpg

Luke.

When I was a kid, a guy in our neighborhood used to go out on his porch and slap two pieces of 1x4 together... sounded like a gunshot, it would drive the flocks of sparrows away. Don't know if a Cockatoo even knows what a gunshot is but it may drive them a bit further away... Odd we think of the beauty but give no mind to the nuisance until we're right in it... :39:

Carl.

Here in the States, we think of parrots as just pets. I forgot how there are a lot of wild parrots in Australia. I remember how cool it was on our honeymoon in Sydney. We were looking at the Opera House and harbor on our hotel balcony and all of a sudden there were 3 parrots sitting on the handrail.

Are you planning on showing the whole second build in this build off thread? You know, there IS a regular build off section on the forums.

EDIT: Didn't mean for this to come off with so much bite. Sorry, I let past incidences of people building second bikes, and distracting from, their build off entry tint that, I think.

Keep on keeping on!

Last edited:
I was going to do my frame switch and do the new build as my build-off bike, I originally went with the Joker build because it was fairly simple and I was not sure how much I could achieve over Winter here, so it was a safer bet.

Turned out I am still building along ok and the build is done, so was going to substitute in the new, more complicated build, but not sure I want to do that now with everything going on, so will probably be doing the new build in the Scratch Built section.

Have not been up to building these last few days, but have refined the design a little with lower, smoother top tubes and a shorter headstem:

14346973671_db5107232a_z.jpg

Luke.

These things are out of control!
Your birds are out of control!
You are out of control!

Cool builds Luke.
So do you have a pet bird? Or really my question is, are wild Cockatoo's mean as I think they are?

Or really my question is, are wild Cockatoo's mean as I think they are?

No, I don't think they are mean, we were comfortable hand feeding at breakfast time out the front of our cabin them on our last trip away to Halls Gap in the Grampians...

Luke.

You going into business building these? If not, call it what you want...
Name it after your Grampa, use bird names, and there's always song titles...

Carl.

The Larry Takahe Jailbreak sounds good to me...

Merle. :crazy:

I like the newer mods. It looks more balanced having the two upper triangles approximately the same size.
How about Bushfire? I decided to look through Midnight Oil's songlist and that seems like a cool name for a bike.

Latest posts

Back