Custom Diamondback "JOKER" ~~DONE, FINISHED, CONCLUDED!~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty clean looking frame, rideable geometry, nice.

Thanks everyone, I am surprised by the support this bike is getting, not many MTB's on RRB!

Worked out my name:

14170277319_e3883bdd14_z.jpg

I went more Aussie...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kata_Tjuta

Luke.

Well I made a decision while working on Kata today, the Joker build is very cool and deserves it's place in the build-off rather than being shoved aside for the new build, so the Joker is my BO#09 entry and Kata Tjuta XXL has been moved to the Scratch builds section:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...xl-crazy-minivelo-mtb-episode-1-design.84272/

As the Joker build is pretty much done at this point, I am happy to let this thread drop back in the pack until the last weeks of the build-off when it will re-appear with the paint, graphics and name change updates that are in line for it!

Look out! :showingbiceps:

Luke.

Last edited:
Hello Luke
Have you got your frame back from the powders ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Luke
Have you got your frame back from the powders ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have not even sent it in yet... No hurry, if I get the other bike done in time I can take them in together. ;)

Luke.

I think you should call it "Cockatoo Slayer" :thumbsup:
That "Antenna" feather on the back of the head, that's a great shape for a seat post... :crazy::113:

I'm up to date with that one...and let me tell you,it's a great vision...This could be a seller/production....I would patent that if I was you....

Ok where's this bike everyone is talk'in about?:grin:
All talk n no bike if ya ask me...:21:
Bumping up from page 3!

If a picture speaks 1,000 words, here is 2,000 words for you:

14299738069_e40319158a_z.jpg

14299915697_a41c58a134_z.jpg

Frame is back from powder!

I have never had a frame powder coated before, and never used these particular powder coaters before, so did not really have any idea what sort of quality job I was expecting for my $60, it seems very cheap!

Very good job, extremely impressed, and pretty sure they will be getting far more of my frames in the future!

I was worried it would be too thick to see the Diamondback insignia I worked so hard to fit to the seat brace, but it looks good:

14299773218_12e2d01e9e_z.jpg

Now as for my decision to go high gloss Pearl White, probably wont do that again, even here in winter with the sun so low in the sky it is hard to look at without dazzling yourself, hate to think what it will be like in summer!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back