CWC no name yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CWC Muscle Bike ***wheels laced up***

So after a few days if lagging it, I got quite a bit accomplished today, I'm about 90% done as of right now.

I finished up truing the rear wheel today, as well as polishing up my frame and fenders. All I need is to finish my pedals, cook my chain, and tie in he build with a few accessories. I have a headlight and tail light that I will be using, I just need to paint them up and mount them. I might also add a small figurine somewhere.

I'm going to switch the bars out as well, I'm not sure if I like them, they look a bit to tall, but just by sitting on the bike they felt comfortable. I have a few stems lying around, I'm going to be switching out the generic one that is on there right now.

Here are some shots, the lighting was poor, but they were the best ones that I snapped.

null_zps2fb32e0f.jpg

null_zps7b24b366.jpg

I'm really happy with how the paint turned out.
null_zps33fc3704.jpg

This sissy bar is great, it took me a while to find, but it has the seat positioned exactly where I want it. I can't wait to finally take this thing out on a cruise!
null_zps804432d3.jpg

That looks awesome! It really looks like a bike that will be comfortable to ride and a cool cruiser as well!
thumbs_up-1294.gif

Have you thought about a small pinstripe between the two colors on the frame?

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
That looks awesome! It really looks like a bike that will be comfortable to ride and a cool cruiser as well!
thumbs_up-1294.gif

Have you thought about a small pinstripe between the two colors on the frame?

Luke.

Thanks Luke,

Yes I have, I don't have the steadiest hands, but I have something in mind to break up the color.

Re: CWC Muscle Bike ***MOCKED UP, ALMOST THERE***

One more side shot in the sun.

null_zpsfa25b680.jpg

that turned out awesome I think a custom cwc head badge is in order

Yeah that's an awesome paintjob, rattle canned too! First time I've seen that metallic Rustoleum in use, looks nice.

You ever use Dupacolor? I get it at Autozone, it matches a lot of auto makers colors... and have done a couple nice paint jobs on guitars with it. You can get that deep metallic fleck with it too.

sic944t said:
that turned out awesome I think a custom cwc head badge is in order

Thanks! and yes, I'm placing an order soon.

GuitarlCarl said:
Yeah that's an awesome paintjob, rattle canned too! First time I've seen that metallic Rustoleum in use, looks nice.

You ever use Dupacolor? I get it at Autozone, it matches a lot of auto makers colors... and have done a couple nice paint jobs on guitars with it. You can get that deep metallic fleck with it too.

Thanks man!

I have used duplicator, the Metal Specks line. I used the silver and blue on my wives 67 Murray. The color is great, its just seems to chip a lot. I haven't used any other duplicolr paint though....

Quick update:

I hate my tires, they were cheap, and thats why I bought them. I thought that maybe the goodyear pattern would grow on me but it just hasn't, I have a friend who is going to buy them off of me. They will be replaced with a Jerald sulky in the rear, and a nice rounder profiled 24x2.125 up front.

LukeTheJoker said:
Very cool! Love those Sulky slicks, going to have to get me one soon!

Luke.

Yeah I've wanted one for some time now. I bought one off of a member here, can't wait to mount it.

I started working on my lights today, nothing crazy, nothing major. I'm just using an old schwinn Generator light set, but without the dyno, I'll be converting them to led lights with a simple toggle switch instead. The taillight bracket will double as a brake arm clamp as well. I'll be painting the housings as well, red and silver to match the bike.

null_zpsa48844c0.jpg

null_zpsdc39ea24.jpg

I also finished my wheel set, drew my redlined on both rims., I really wish I could find a set of the tires in picture, looked everywhere but I can't seem to find them in a 24x2.125. I'll be using this one up front and a Jerald sulky in the rear.

null_zps3223d9ae.jpg

null_zps7ec6af87.jpg

null_zps405807a7.jpg

I'm taking my time in this bike now, seeing as how we still have a month left, I'm not too worried about finishing yet, I just want to really take my time a tie everything together perfectly. Here is the project that I'm working on at the same time...

It's a Columbia Fire Arrow, I believe it's a 54? Anyways, I'm almost done with this one as well, just need to get my rattrap springer painted!

null_zpscf8bc891.jpg

CRASH said:
The 26" Jerald on my Monster looks bad ash. You can't go wrong with one.

Yeah they're pretty sweet, I was just contemplating whether or not to get a white wall or black wall. The one I bought in the for sale section is a black wall, if I decide to go with the white wall, I'll just rock the black one on the front.

My Jerlad Sulky came in! Pretty excited about this.... Almost to the point that I'm contemplating changing this bike up a bit.
null_zps3af9fd56.jpg

Awesome build! Is the sulky a 26 or 24 & how wide is it?

Latest posts

Back