CWC no name yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CWC Muscle Bike ***MOCKED UP, ALMOST THERE***

pick said:
Awesome build! Is the sulky a 26 or 24 & how wide is it?

Thanks, the sulky is a 24". It looks wider than it actually is, because of the square tread, but at its widest point, it's the same width as the ribbed front tire that I will be using (24x2.125)

Nice! Love the tail light placement.

Diabolical_Dork said:
Nice! Love the tail light placement.

Thanks man!

My progress has really slowed to a C R A W L.... I did however, manage to cook my chain in oil. It came out really clean, I finally put it on today.

Other than that, I still have to tie the bike together with some accessories, I still might use the dyno tail light, but I'm also considering using one of these old seat reflectors and customizing it to be a light.

I'm also really liking the Jerald Slick! You can't really tell from the picture, but the bike has a very sought staggered look now. The rear tire is also beefier than I first thought, so it's filling in that fender well very nicely. Oh, and I also decided to ditch the front fender, it really never sat well with me, so I have it to my brother for him to use on his current build.

I went cruising around this morning with my brother, I found my location to snap some pictures once I'm done with my build! It's the side of a bar down the street from my house.

null_zps8e5f4309.jpg

null_zpsb97ff2a0.jpg

I think it looks good. Another choice would be a nite shot highlighting the bike with the mural at the edge of darkness. :wink:

So my bike went on its first test ride, over all it's nice and sound, just some fine tuning and it's good. The sulkys are wider than I had expected, and due to the square'ness of them, the fender braces were rubbing just a bit, I'm going to have to bend them out just a bit.

null_zps14533275.jpg

null_zpsf81f0d29.jpg

Going to hang this up while I park my bike.

null_zps48c635ee.jpg

Hey!

IMG_2862_zpsdfd6480c.jpg

Nice tag.

Being in naval aviation, I stay away from stuff like that. :lol: I've got a hook point from an F-18 I could put in the back of my bike to bring it to a quick stop! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CRASH said:
Being in naval aviation, I stay away from stuff like that. :lol: I've got a hook point from an F-18 I could put in the back of my bike to bring it to a quick stop! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol, do it!

LukeTheJoker said:
Cool! I wanted one of them for the park brake on BigJim, had to make my own in the end...

Luke.

Dang too bad, I had a box full of them, I listed them for sale a while back and no one was interested.

that picture is great. I thought of this when I saw it...

article-2036522-0DDA70EA00000578-575_233x301.jpg

i love that bike good job 8)

Scribble said:
i love that bike good job 8)

Thanks man, it's not done yet, but even though it's almost there, I am not crazy about it.

Actually, I hate it, it's just not me. I'm switching the forks out, I can't stand looking at it, and I will be redoing the red points to something a little more detailed. The springer is going to be replaced for the stock one that I finally found a set of truss rods for.

The bars are getting replaced as well, too tall looking, they will be going on another one of my rides and will be getting replaced by the same style of bars just 3'' shorter though.

Latest posts

Back