CyberKlunk: Twin Halo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iu

I like the circuit board tank idea!

I just scrapped a computer too, otherwise you'd have more circuit boards!

Hmm... So my addiction hit again, and it may lead to a change and or cancellation of my plans here.

I ended up picking up the remains of 3 ebikes off CL on the cheap yesterday. A Giant lite stepthrough, a men's Giant suede E, and a Schwinn sierra with an electrodrive on it.

Been hanckering to get an ebike up and running for awhile now, as my dad has been toying with his home brew ebike for a few years now.

If I can get one of these running (battery packs and chargers are all missing or dead currently) I may go through and build one of those for the build off. The lighted wheel covers will still be built, and can be swapped between wheels anyways... but the theme and styling would look really hot on an ebike!

Wow, that Schwinn sierra with an electrodrive is really wierd - motor hanging off the back!

Looks like a very fun monkey wrench has been thrown into your plans!

Yes, yes indeed...
What a score off Craigslist there, all 3 ebikes for $200.
Its a good thing my old man has been big into the ebike/battery scene for awhile, as the 2 newer giants had bad batteries.

Should be able to get both up and running for a few hundo, sell one and keep the other. They are actually pretty nice cruiser type frames, don't seem to have much negative inpedence when pedaling without a motor.

The men's Giant suede E, might be rebuilt for this build off, or something else, I don't know. The fact that a bike only needs to be "rideable" helps, because these can be ridden without the motors working, so I could theoretically "cheat" without getting everything on the ebike side going by the end. The frame I think fits the concept, and the whole electric thing certainly lends itself to that theme...

Otherwise, I have already put together 2.5 bikes since May 1st, but they don't have any elaborate theme or anything particularly exciting (although there are many members here that prefer basics) so I'm not sure if just a tear down and rebuild with pictures would satisfy me enough.

I wouldn't think of not getting the ebike side of things working as "cheating" at all. It's still a pedal bike. I like the lines of the Suede too.
BUILD ON!!

Latest posts

Back