Cycletruck help!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i want to build my own cycletruck, but need your help. someone with a cycle truck, can you please take a full shot of f/f, and give detailed measurements of all the tubes and bends, and such. much thanks. :D

:lol: thanks derorman. i figured that id need a balloon ladies schwinn frame made from the 60s on back, a 20" blade fork, a good amount of tubing, and exact measurements to get it right.

Hey Stretch. The rear end on this Ladie Wards Hawthorne has really wide rear stays, perfect for a big tire. It's a 24" frame that was skiptooth equipped but never ran the #'s. If you can use any of this let me know.

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

i already got one 24" bike, and too many 26" wheels. :wink: id like to keep it full sized. thanks tho walker! got any 26 girls frames?

stretch said:
ok, SOMEONE here has to own one.. :cry:

I do not own one, but my friend does. hopefully I can make it to his place this weekend and get some pics and measurements for you. The one I will be measuring is a Schwinn based one.

nopes. what is it? :)

Meeba said:
stretch said:

I do not own one, but my friend does. hopefully I can make it to his place this weekend and get some pics and measurements for you. The one I will be measuring is a Schwinn based one.
thatd be AWESOME if you could! i need the measurements on a schwinn. id need everything, including height from the bottom of the steer tube and from the bottom of the crank case. :mrgreen:

stretch said:
nopes. what is it? :)

Meeba said:
stretch said:

thatd be AWESOME if you could! i need the measurements on a schwinn. id need everything, including height from the bottom of the steer tube and from the bottom of the crank case. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=32472

WOO! think we could meet up and i could measure it out myself? :mrgreen:

sorry but no i dont. are you talking about BSA eagles?

okay....you didnt mention what year and heres a simple way to get it right w/o having someone else do all the leg work for the numbers(this is how i lay out all my frames so i know i wont have any clearance issues....i guess kids just want everything done for them nowadays :p :p :p :p )....
1955-schwinn-cycle-truck.jpg

take that picture and do the math to bring it to scale(hint you know the wheel in back is a 26" and the front is a 20" that will break down into actual numbers so it can be measured to 100% accuracy but im not going to do it for you since ive done all the thinking already :p )

thank you, sensor, i thought i was the only one that did it that way! :oops: i know theres a way to do all the drawing/blueprint stuff on the computer, but i dont know how to do that, and i like to draw. im the guy holding a little ruler up to the screen to get the proportions right. even thought of making a cardboard cutout of myself in a riding position. :lol:

i thought about that, i just wasnt sure if that would throw off my measurements, but thanks! how am i supossed toprint that out full-scale? :p

Latest posts

Back