CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Drum Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PRIME TIME - Please move to Anything Goes

I have cut :shock: :shock: No pics until tomorrow afternoon (Oz time)

I will be adding some more rake to the steer tube and doing some other stuff to the frame.

Can this please be moved to the Anything Goes section? Thank you Mods :D

Re: PRIME TIME - Movin' on Over.......

Hi Bean,nice bikes i won one in a raffle lucky me :) and i dont even drink! cant wait to see the finished product,

Re: PRIME TIME - Movin' on Over.......

Stripped the frame down and cut the steer tube off. Time to start scalloping the tube ends to get the rake I'm looking for. I'm also going to cut some speed holes in the top frame tube and weld pipe in. Got a couple of busy days coming up, so probably won't get much more done until the weekend :(

Also using some high tech tools for the frame mods.......check out the pics :wink:

13c36530-bef3-4ebf-b2c6-763d65adb052.jpg

e0235eef-8b6f-41c5-aeea-f45247d14229.jpg

3c42cc37-b79a-4e42-bc2d-cb4102768392.jpg

Re: PRIME TIME - Weldin'

So.........I had an hour or so spare after work today, and was looking at the frame, saying I should take it back to work and weld the steer tube back on. My wife told me to to stop talking about it, and go and do it :D . Lucky I have a great wife and 24/7 access to a well equipped shop!
I gave the steer tube a clean up on a linisher, filed the frame tubes, and tacked the steer tube on to check for rake. I still might give it a bit more rake. I'll look at it for a couple of days and decide.

0fa63b10-8cb0-4b18-8ab6-9f39f1206874.jpg

83970ba6-1d9d-4cf8-999e-bf67f46b3f2a.jpg

6246c6b8-28c4-444c-a0d6-317fc7dadd0c.jpg

Re: PRIME TIME - CYCOBILLY

Ok......now it's starting to get somewhere :D

I'm not going to add any more rake as it will give it the "Chopper Flop" and affect how it rides too much. Pretty happy with how it is sitting now. I'll be able to weld the steer tube on properly and cut the speed holes while I wait for the rims to arrive.

Also having a name change :shock: . CYCOBILLY came to me yesterday while I was listening to some tunes, and I thought it would fit the direction this bike is heading.

e222d819-7454-47e8-b0a7-9a06dfec9cd2.jpg

Re: PRIME TIME - Name change to CYCOBILLY

I remembered I had a few bits and pieces of triple tree forks in a parts bin, and pulled them out to see what I could use them for.............I came up with this.

4cc986b9-0e90-41f9-a7f5-acd71318d753.jpg

bfa04000-5fc0-4829-ab7a-5c911d74cda3.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY (ex PRIME TIME) - Triple Crown Fork

Love that double top clamp!

Only another week or so till our trip heads your way, hope we can organise a get together and brainstorm. I love getting and sharing ideas...

Luke.

Re: CYCOBILLY - Front dropouts

I had a spare period this morning when I didn't have a class, and am up to date with all my work, so sketched the front dropouts. I found some steel plate and got them marked out at lunch, but didn't get around to cutting them yet........Hopefully tomorrow!!

f19c7888-f357-46c6-9dd4-f8747ad0d6bc.jpg

I love everything about this build so far. The up's, the down's, the constant changes. Reminds me of how i work

Captain Awesome said:
I love everything about this build so far. The up's, the down's, the constant changes. Reminds me of how i work

Thank Captain Awesome. I usually start the build-off with a plan, and change things slightly from there, but started this one with no plan and no real direction...........so it'll probably be a bit manic for a while :D

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE

This is kind of a "no update update" :lol: ......I've been flat out at work and with the stuff that has to be done in our everyday lives.

Yes, I've added to the name of this bike :shock: . It will have a stereo system and 2 speed rear, so I think it's deserves the Deluxe in the name, plus it sounds better. I'm using a Sachs Duomatic kickback hub, and am waiting for my 80mm rims to arrive, so I can get the wheels built. Once the wheels are built and fitted, I can set the ride height and work out what length cranks I'll need.

I won't be doing much over the next week or so, as I'm taking my wife away to see a show, and then visit some family, but when we get back, I'll have much more time to spend bike buildin' :D .

Sachs Duomatic
fd8148f4-f907-4b5b-8e03-995fbda736c5.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - No update update

LukeTheJoker said:
Love the added DELUXE!
Looks like we may not get to meet up, your off for a week, and we just arrived! Did they send out a warning that we were coming? :lol:

Luke.

:lol: No, we've had this planned and booked since February. Bit of shock to the system here in Brisbane last night and tonight though......8 degrees and windy as :shock:

How long are you in Rocky for? It would be great to catch up.

Latest posts

Back