CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Drum Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - UPDATE - I have a Roller.........

wow! those apes really flow nicely with the whole bike 8)
WAY COOL!

:mrgreen:

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Wheels done & tires fitted.........

Yep............the apes are stayin' :D

I've tried just about every type of bar you could think of on this, but keep putting the apes back on.

We just got back from a few days at the beach, so called into my LBS just before they closed, and they had just finished my wheels. Also saw a pair of Kenda 24 x 2.125 tires hanging on a rack last week that looked like they had a high profile.........they came fitted to a 24" BMX Cruiser, and the person that bought it wanted different tires on it, so I picked these up for a bargain :D . Pretty sure these will be the tires I'm going with. Even though they are are 2.125, they fitted on the 3" rims with no problems.

I took a few night time pics, and was too tired to set up a light, so they didn't turn out too well, but good enough to see how they fit on the rims.

962c7700-0b97-42ee-81cc-bce89bbc209f.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Bonus find!!!

I went to a couple of garage sales looking for a cheap MTB to cut the BB shell from. I decided that as I will use a sealed BB and square taper cranks, I may as well use the correct size BB shell rather than an adaptor. I found a bike for $5 and cut the shell out, but also picked up a Giant Bowery fixie (with a flipflop hub and freewheel) for $20 :D Needs new tires and tubes, chain and a good clean and service.

f44137ed-eb0b-4f0a-924a-04cbc4e3d929.jpg

3b66305e-58bc-4932-83f1-823ecf5999d0.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Bonus find!!!

You guys are so lucky over there with cheap parts.... :mrgreen:
Nice score!!!

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Use of whitegoods!!

Apart from an Electra triple tree fork, which I want for my next build, I don't have any complete units left (I keep using bits and pieces from them for my springer forks). I dug bits out of my parts bins to see what was left, and didn't have anything with matching top and bottom crowns. I did have a steerer tube, and top and bottom crowns that belonged together, but I had taken them apart a couple of years ago. I tried to press the steerer tube back into the bottom crown, but there was no way it was going into place with out heat. I could have gone to my workplace (I'm on a 2 week break) and used equipment, but decided instead to do it at home. I heated the bottom crown in the oven and cooled the steerer tube in the freezer (not really sure how much the cooling did).........a couple of taps with a hammer and it popped right in :D

Oven
6ac79bfb-a4ba-46d7-a70c-2ad8f64b7d2a.jpg

Freezer
a445c533-8350-4c6b-b0f8-fe96a3b2ba60.jpg

Success
0743cc51-5604-454e-9165-1b629dfa1a64.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - New pic

I got the fork sorted out and put it on to check the length and ride height, also started testing seat position. I'm hoping to get it welded up this week to be able to paint and give it a good curing time before I start putting it all together. Pretty happy with the wheel and tire combination :D Have also settled on a color.........I was initially going to paint it in red primer or flat black, but my wife has talked me into something a bit "nicer".

886e187c-8f73-4f9c-8155-0e57daeba3f2.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - New mockup pic.

Oh heck YEAH! 8)

Looks awesome Bean.

:shock:

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - New update.....playin' with colors...

I've been playin' with Textas.........It's gonna be something close to this. I can't remember the name of the color, and it's too cold to go out to my workshop and check :shock: , but it's a Ford color.

97bd3e17-989c-433d-89b7-9f5874525250.jpg

Mabe go green on the frame with orange rims to make it a Low Fink.

kingfish254 said:
Mabe go green on the frame with orange rims to make it a Low Fink.

Would look good, but I've just had the rims powdercoated black, and the wheels built.

Although.............at the speed this is progressing, it might end up being bare metal :shock:

bean said:
Although.............at the speed this is progressing, it might end up being bare metal :shock:
:lol: I hear ya Bean, the end is coming up quick...

Luke.

Latest posts

Back