CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Drum Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back for another go!!.......I had planned to use a Looptail BMX Cruiser frame, and join the Klunker fun, but found this bike last weekend at a garage sale 3 doors down from my place, and could see a lot of potential.

It was won in a competition where you had to buy the product, and went into the draw for the bike. Pretty ordinary bike with crappy components, but it has a nice wide rear end, and I will be able to fit some big wheels and tires in between the stays :D

Not real sure of the direction it will head. I'll just throw different stuff at it, and see what sticks.

a69bc1df-aaf4-484c-bc4f-058a789c329f.jpg

6d4c98ef-8419-41c5-9501-6ea8376e0362.jpg

Re: PRIME TIME

The fork has been deposited where it belongs......in the local tip :shock: . It was so badly made and twisted, I wouldn't have been able to do anything with it. I will only be using the frame and no other parts from this bike.

Good luck with the flinging and sticking. Those are the most fun builds.

Loved the build last year, can't wait to see what you end up with this year either !!! Good luck old bean :wink:

tvc15 said:
Always a fan of you work!

MplsCoaster said:
Fat tire, Special coaster, no "extra" stuff, sounds good...

CCR said:
Loved the build last year, can't wait to see what you end up with this year either !!! Good luck old bean :wink:

Thanks guys. I'm aiming for a bike that I can ride.........a lot. The Bareknuckle Brawler was a kneecrusher, and Atomic Punk rode fine in a straight line, but took a heap of room to turn around and manhandle. I sold the Bareknuckle Brawler, and Atomic Punk is currently stripped down as the rear of the frame keeps bending, and it is awaiting surgery...........I will be grafting an OCC rear onto it.

I test fitted some stuff tonight, so here is a crappy night photo. Will look at it for a couple of days before I throw some different stuff at it.

9f821b1b-f628-4f9f-a60e-7b42a8064633.jpg

Re: PRIME TIME - Crappy night time mock up photo

Hmmmm................just checked out the shipping for some 80mm rims. Not as painful as I thought :D

OK......starting to get the look I'm after :D . I'll cut an inch or so off the seat tube, and look for some bars similar to the set on it at the moment, but with a lower rise..........Maybe :?

859b6603-db71-4bcc-ab09-c3c357750546.jpg

756ec832-0af3-443e-867a-b47bfc525de8.jpg

Looking good!
bean said:
Hmmmm................just checked out the shipping for some 80mm rims. Not as painful as I thought :D
Be interested to know where and how much... I just paid $100 to get two beast wheels and tubes shipped over...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Looking good!
bean said:
Be interested to know where and how much... I just paid $100 to get two beast wheels and tubes shipped over...

Luke.

Hey Luke, $70 U.S. from Cycles U.S. for two 3'' rims and a couple of small items.

http://www.choppersus.com/store/

Re: PRIME TIME - Stuck a fork in it!!

I'm not digging the triple tree (I want something less bulky), but I need a wide fork for this bike to fit 80mm rims. After building springer forks for the last two build offs, I just don't have the motivation to build one for this bike, and when I couldn't sleep last night, this came to me :idea: .

Dug through the dumpster and pulled out the fork that came off this bike originally, and cut the top off the fork tubes. It's starting to get there :D . I won't be using this fork, but will use it as a prototype, as I want less offset between the fork tubes and steer tube. I'll probably build one from scratch, but it will be much easier than designing and building a springer.

6176ed4a-8b27-449b-a8c1-21eb0c6829d0.jpg

ef0077ab-a9ff-4f09-8e02-174a6a3f0bde.jpg

Re: PRIME TIME - Hmmmm??

LukeTheJoker said:
Nice idea on the forks!

Luke.

Thanks Luke. The more I look at this thing the more I can see it moving over to the Anything Goes section.........funny how I was so set on the direction of this a couple of days ago, but will now probably do some cuttin' and weldin' :shock:

Re: PRIME TIME - Hmmmm??

I can understand that! I cant seem to be able to leave any frame stock, I always look at them and think "I wonder what it would look like with _____" :lol:
Plenty of room over there for more entries, some pretty cool bike ideas you will be up against though... Hard decision...

Luke.

Latest posts

Back