CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Drum Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - No update update

Will be back home later today after a great week away :D
I picked up a nice set of used Brooks grips and a couple of other cool items on my short holiday..............let the buildin' resume............

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - MO FATTA time.....

Back home today and got a delivery :D.........Only took two weeks from Choppers U.S. to Australia. Great service and assistance from Alan Discount!

I fitted up a Fatti-O to check out the fit in the fork and frame. Fits in the fork with room either side. The rear fits, but will be a little tighter, and depending on tires, may require some massaging.
Looks good with the Fatti-O, but not quite the look I'm after. I think I'll get a set of Maxxis Hookworms for a lower profile.

I'll finish welding the steer tube tomorrow, and get the rims and hubs into my LBS so they can work out spoke length. May take a couple of weeks if they have order them, and that'll give me time to paint the rims and give them some curing time.

ad84b55d-00bf-441a-a943-03eb146f8cb7.jpg

f1cc6d94-7916-4437-8597-ea2545492c21.jpg

319015cf-a01d-4432-bb99-828fc3069bdd.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Gripping news!!

When I was away, I nabbed this lightly used set of Brooks grips for $20......they go for over a hundred bucks here normally :D :D :D

They are green, and I want black, so I'll have to dye them.

78aac66a-bc4c-4ef3-9418-625c4aca91d2.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Weldin'..................

I finally got the steer tube welded on today. Our TIG at work is out of action while we're waiting for parts, and I didn't want to wait any longer, so I used oxy-acetylene.

Having a day off tomorrow, and will drop by my LBS to get the spoke length sorted out. I can't wait to get the wheels built and on the bike............then I can start doing proper mock ups to work out crank length and ride height. Still undecided about bars, but will either be apes or clip on style.

Today's color is flat or satin black, but that may change :D

9f4aaee2-ee34-42aa-9573-09aa51dbbbdd.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Weldin'.............

bean said:
LukeTheJoker said:
Apes or clip-on's? Talk about extremes!!! :mrgreen:

Luke.

:shock: :shock: Maybe even clip-on apes..............who knows :wink:

I may steal that someday! Brilliant!

:idea: :idea: :idea: Oh man...........just had a major light bulb moment this morning at 3am when I couldn't sleep :D :D :D . Even slipped down to my workshop area to see if it could be done..........lucky I moved with the stealth of a ninja and didn't wake my wife up!!

bean said:
:idea: :idea: :idea: Oh man...........just had a major light bulb moment this morning at 3am when I couldn't sleep :D :D :D . Even slipped down to my workshop area to see if it could be done..........lucky I moved with the stealth of a ninja and didn't wake my wife up!!
:shock: Cant wait to see what it is you came up with!!!

Luke.

bean said:

It is wonderful that you have such thoughtfulness to use your ninja abilities in the quest of maintaining your wife's blissful slumber... but when it comes to a "lightbulb moment" regarding your build off bike, I feel that stealthy ninja tactics should be replaced by loud screams of "eureka" following by the incessant tapping of the keys on a computer keyboard as you feverishly post a lengthy explanation to this forum of what caused the untimely hysteria. :shock:

Glen said:
bean said:

It is wonderful that you have such thoughtfulness to use your ninja abilities in the quest of maintaining your wife's blissful slumber... but when it comes to a "lightbulb moment" regarding your build off bike, I feel that stealthy ninja tactics should be replaced by loud screams of "eureka" following by the incessant tapping of the keys on a computer keyboard as you feverishly post a lengthy explanation to this forum of what caused the untimely hysteria. :shock:

:lol: :lol: OK......the explanation, be it lengthy, or not, is coming forthwith. I am currently uploading some pics to Photobucket, and as soon as they are organized and resized, I shall share the aforementioned lightbulb moment with my Rat Rod Bikes brethren. And, it was more fear than thoughtfulness that encouraged the implementation of my ninja abilities :D . Believe me, the last thing I need to do is disturb the blissful slumber of my darling wife :shock:

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Ding Ding Ding with pics............

Aaaaaaaargh!!!.......................don't you just "love" technology. I took a heap of step by step shots of the work I did this afternoon, and they failed somehow to save to my new camera :x Anyways, I went back into my shop and took a few more.

After waking up at 3am with an overactive mind, and having the :idea: :idea: :idea: moment, I intended to go and buy some tube today and bend it to the radius I need. On the way to the steel supply shop, I dropped into a local junkyard, and found some sort of handle from a weight bench or piece of exercise equipment. $2 later, and I was headed for my truck with a big smile. Saved me quite a few bucks and a heap of work!

Very happy with my brilliant idea :wink:

The rest of the handle, less the piece I cut from it. Shame about the original pics not saving
70835c94-e240-4528-9665-68a2ba4f78d2.jpg

Seat tube cut from frame
ea84b25f-5f3c-476d-a373-5e539bd64c14.jpg

New piece mocked up. Happens to be the perfect radius for a 24" tire. Hmmmm, I could move the BB forward............
918c1b9c-929a-43d4-9dae-dfd742e84e3b.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - New work.......with pics!!!

Nice work.

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - More Cuttin'!!!

LukeTheJoker said:
Very cool modification Bean!

Luke.

kingfish254 said:
Nice work.

Thanks guys!

Did some more cutting this morning. I'm moving the bottom bracket forward and up a bit. I cut 90mm out, which will give me an extra 50mm to 60mm of leg extension, and still clear the front tire with my feet. It makes the frame look longer than it did, I think.
Hopefully will get it all welded up tomorrow. I have to wait for some better weather here so I can paint the rims, and give them a bit of curing time before I get the wheels built.

63adecc6-c7b0-48a5-9738-1c8e69a80dfa.jpg

Too late to turn back now
411241e4-3103-4444-9a20-34180567380d.jpg

Mocked up
667f547d-6522-47ce-8b7b-3eacfbd188b3.jpg

Latest posts

Back