CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Drum Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Holy Rollers, Batman........

These will probably be the tires I will use. They fit in the fork and frame easily :D

f82f372a-9c35-4454-a5f7-7a372e8b4537.jpg

bc332436-a2ad-4c46-a8cc-14c2f3f60827.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - High Tech Rig!!

I didn't get to do any welding today, as I had a guy come to look at a car I have for sale, and also had to take a truckload of tree branches and garden cuttings to the dump. Now it's BBQ time :D .

Here's a pic of my high tech (or is it redneck?) rig for checking the chain line and for tire clearance :D All looks good. I love it when a plan comes together!

3884fb26-8ccb-429f-8672-a737f1e710bd.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Machining and Stamping......

I ground the excess tube off the bottom bracket tube and welded up the holes, then cleaned it up on a lathe.

Before
373e5ebd-fb3c-4586-b039-6c6fdd413c3d.jpg

After
96f98ddb-0e9c-47fe-8b31-cf670e3bd31b.jpg

Stamped a new serial number :D ......just have to find my number stamps and add an 8
2cec3613-475b-41d8-8ff6-f9b8320999d5.jpg

Sick :eek: 1st time i hear about a custom bike being stamped ,witch is a good thing , that way the future owner would know were it came from or why it was built

Dang! You beat me to it! I bought a letter and number stamp set just before the build off! You stole my serial number!!! :shock:
Nevermind, I will come up with something else... :wink:

Luke.

bruce said:
Beautiful lines on the frame. Lots of customs seem to lose some elegance but this one is so much nicer than what you started with.

Great eye.

Thanks bruce. I appreciate the comments.

Not much done the last couple of days. I sold a car, so had a bit of stuff to do around that. I did get the rims to the powdercoaters though. We have a four day weekend coming up, so hope to get the frame welded and finished.

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Tacked and Mocked......

Maaaaaan..............what a job I had to try and get the BB shell square and straight............pretty hard when nothing else on the frame is lined up :eek: Gotta love these top quality Chinese frames!!

I only tacked it up so I can fit the BB and check to see if I've got a good and true chainline. If not it will be easier to heat and get straight.

I know the BB shell looks a bit high in the pic, but it will be sitting a lot lower with different wheels and tires.

99b7cf7d-9cde-4091-b3a1-551b9634e802.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Tacked Up & Mocked Up......

LukeTheJoker said:
Looking good! Loving the lines on it, nice flow...

Luke.

+1

Looks really cool! 8)

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Uncle Stretch time???

The more I look at this frame, the more I dislike it :shock: . I was thinking about changing the rear dropouts and a couple of other things, and then started thinking I should have just built a frame from the get go.

I'll probably do an Uncle Stretch and cut this one up.

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Time to do an Uncle Stretch.......

:lol: Bean its so easy to start from scratch instead of fight something that won't
work. I find it fun to cut them up too.

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Cut it up - New CAD image......

Uncle Stretch said:
:lol: Bean its so easy to start from scratch instead of fight something that won't
work. I find it fun to cut them up too.

Yep............it's done :shock: Looked at it on and off for a couple of hours this morning, and broke out the saw.

I may or may not use the rear triangle, but have done a CAD representation of what I'm shooting for. In case anyone is wondering, CAD is my acronym for Chalk Aided Drawing :D

6d700057-d748-4f04-a486-991881b137ac.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Cut it up - New CAD image......

bean said:
In case anyone is wondering, CAD is my acronym for Chalk Aided Drawing :D
:lol: I use something similar, also called cad., but it stands foe cardboard aided drawing...

Luke.

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Got Steel......

I picked up some tube today. 32mm for the main frame and 22mm for the stays.....I wanted 19mm for the stays, but they were out of it, and I didn't want to wait another week until it arrives. Starting to bend tomorrow :D

959b0e26-c73f-4c39-b85f-24f3effc35fa.jpg

Latest posts

Back