CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Drum Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE I love the smell of leather in the morning!

I received a parcel this morning :D :D :D Awesome craftsmanship, all hand stitched and only $45.......I almost feel guilty about paying such a small amount for an amazing product.........and it's made in Australia.

76b6876b-bc22-45dc-af82-23148e370223.jpg

2e4fa70a-29ae-480e-81b7-71ea1f7bbcb4.jpg

Wow...very cool looking tool bag! :D

It looks right at home on the forks! 8)

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Time's a runnin' out!!

I had planned to get most of this build done in my 2 week break, but after doing a couple of jobs on our house and a few days at the beach, I decide I actually needed a break, and really didn't do too much in the second week other than relax :D

I will be finishing off the welding this week and fitting the BB shell, so I can get it painted. Even though the WCC chopper seat would suit this bike really well, it would require a half day to design and fabricate the steel pan and mounts and get it fitted. I'm going to use a "standard" type saddle which will save me a heap of time. I found a steel micro-adjust seat post in my parts stash, so will only have to cut it to length and weld it on. I'll probably use a Brooks B17, but have a couple of other black cruiser saddles to try as well.

6d3b9ccf-68ae-484f-ae5b-f22ae4858419.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Made some more parts.....

I made a coaster brake arm mount after work today, and also got the BB shell ready. I decided to use a BMX/American BB shell as I thought the welding up of the holes, then welding onto the frame would probably compromise the internal threads on the Euro/British BB shell. If there is a bit of distortion to the larger shell, it won't matter with the adaptor. It was dark when I got home and the BB shell wouldn't photograph very well with the flash, so I will have to wait for some natural light to take some pics of my number and letter stamping.

92ef3066-216e-446c-9510-ea71568ba5db.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Welding done.....took it for a spin

I stayed back after work today and fitted the coaster brake arm mount, BB shell and finished off the welding :D :D :D

I quickly fitted everything when I got home and took it for a quick spin up my street......pushing with my feet like a kiddies balance bike. Feels pretty good, but has the "chopper flop" I was expecting. Can't have a lot of rake without it, I suppose. I might go and pick up a couple of chains tomorrow, so I can take it for a proper ride before I tear it down for paint.

All going well, it looks like I will get this thing finished before the deadline. Getting the welding done and actually being able to sit on it and ride/push it around has given my level of enthusiasm a good boost.

d9b882bd-281e-489e-81f1-e3e8bc583139.jpg

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Welding done.....took it for a spin!!

looks sweet! 8)

:mrgreen:

I like the way the bottom bracket just appears to be hanging there.
Amazing how putting something in a not so usual place can fool the eye.

Looks gnarly. I too hate the chopper flop, but it's all about the stance!

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Premium Sound!!!

junknutz1975 said:
looks sweet! 8)

:mrgreen:
Kroozerdave said:
I like the way the bottom bracket just appears to be hanging there.
Amazing how putting something in a not so usual place can fool the eye.
LukeTheJoker said:
Looks awesome Bean! :mrgreen:

Luke.
jds0912 said:
Looks gnarly. I too hate the chopper flop, but it's all about the stance!

Hey, thanks people :D

I picked up a Moshi Bassbox portable MP3 speaker. It fits perfectly in the tool bag (which was the plan all along :wink: ), and sounds great. If I roll the tool bag flap back and face the speaker box up, it points right at me, so I can listen to some tunes when I'm cruising and still hear what's happening around me.

My last 2 build-off bikes have been bare metal, and I was determined to do something different this time round, but the more I look at when it's together, the more I think I might just clean up the welds, slap on a couple of coats of clear and call it done. The idea also appeals a lot more to me than smoothing out the welds with bog (what we Aussies call bondo!!), priming, sanding, painting, sanding, painting, sanding, clear coat, sanding, clear coat etc, etc, etc

53178aea-533e-46ea-adcc-c48cac7102f9.jpg

c9450fce-0a7b-4807-b491-b513a11078d0.jpg

d7c190ba-77f5-43e3-826a-75f2eb41fa1f.jpg

And ahead of local laws.

They have been talking about electric and hybrid cars being 'too quiet' want to make people generate sound for pedestrian safety.

With his toolbag safety soundmaker turned on not only will there be sweet tunes but he'll be providing a service for those people on the footpath at the same time.

Nice touch with the custom coaster brake arm mount. You really did a great job on the design and fabrication of this bike. Can't wait to see it finished! 8) 8) 8)

Re: CYCOBILLY DELUXE - Yep......Got me a rider..........

I joined and fitted the chain last night, and decided to take it for it's maiden voyage. Went for a spin around the block and around the block and around the block :D :D :D

It rides really nicely, nice and straight with no noises, and the gearing is perfect. I have a 36 front sprocket and a 16 on the wheel, so is easy to start off and get moving, then when I change into the other gear it moves along well. After a crappy few days at work, it put a big smile on my face. I went for another big ride this afternoon and got my son to take a quick pic when I got home. Time to take it apart to get the welds cleaned up and some clear on it. I also discovered this afternoon that I'll have to put some kind of skid on the bottom of the frame :oops: :oops:

99d7a8bb-0f1b-48b5-97e3-60d9d86c64ad.jpg

Latest posts

Back