BO15 Cyrus the Virus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
091218aa81090b1088c686eba338f37b.jpg

Just something I found on pinterest...

Oh yeah, this is some kind-o contest, huh?

I really just was usin' it as an excuse to complete something in a somewhat reasonable amount of time!

I decided to go old school with the masking. I normally design this stuff on the computer to cut masks, this time I broke out the tape and had at it.

As I want to build a trailer for my paint box and supplies to use at car shows for pinstriping, I decided to simplify the graphics and depend on the pinstriping to fill in for the extra graphic stripe I deleted from my original layout.

P8180468.jpg
P8180469.jpg

Hmmm, so my take-away from these photos is that most of the green is going away. Oh well, it was green while it lasted.

I decided to go old school with the masking. I normally design this stuff on the computer to cut masks, this time I broke out the tape and had at it.

As I want to build a trailer for my paint box and supplies to use at car shows for pinstriping, I decided to simplify the graphics and depend on the pinstriping to fill in for the extra graphic stripe I deleted from my original layout.

View attachment 134765View attachment 134766
I really love that tank

Four hours later, I have this.

P8180494.jpg
P8180495.jpg
P8180496.jpg

About an hour before I painted the basecoat, I fixed two areas that had some high spots from the welds. The filler bled through and stained the paint. While I was doing the tank and fenders, I did my best to blend in the pearl, flake, and candy. Hopefully it won't look too bad when I clear it, it's got to be better than this big stain right in the middle of the frame. I forgot to take an after pic.

P8180480.jpg

I'm looking forward to finishing these parts and clearing everything.

Last edited:

View attachment 134783View attachment 134784View attachment 134785

About an hour before I painted the basecoat, I fixed two areas that had some high spots from the welds. They bled through and stained the paint. While I was doing the tank and fenders, I did my best to blend in the pearl, flake, and candy. Hopefully it won't look too bad when I clear it, it's got to be better than this big stain right in the middle of the frame. I forgot to take an after pic.

View attachment 134793

Geez, just had to bust out the airbrush didn't you. Weston taught me how to do tru fire . This is his dad's boat. I still haven't grabbed paint and started practicing. He would float it in a candy color. *shakes fist menacingly at sky* *stuffs crayons in purse, pulls up my skirt and walks out*
FB_IMG_1598200499752.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 134783View attachment 134784View attachment 134785

About an hour before I painted the basecoat, I fixed two areas that had some high spots from the welds. The filler bled through and stained the paint. While I was doing the tank and fenders, I did my best to blend in the pearl, flake, and candy. Hopefully it won't look too bad when I clear it, it's got to be better than this big stain right in the middle of the frame. I forgot to take an after pic.

View attachment 134793

xzibitmadskillz.jpg

This is what it looks like before the candy colors go on. It is also the first of 3 layers. after th white goes on it's followed by Aztec Gold, a mix of Aztec Gold and Wild Berry (to make orange), then a final pass of just Wild Berry. The next pass is basically the same, but the last pass has no Berry.

P8180483.jpg
P8180484.jpg
P8180485.jpg

That is some incredible work right there! WOW!

The leaf work is done. I was going to use a combo of spun gold and the variegated that you see here, but I like the colors in the variegated. It does have a tendency to lose a little of the color when cleared though. I think the gold is starting to win me over, but I did do two test strips on an empty thinner can. I'll paint one with the candy green today and make my decision.

P8190502.jpg
P8190503.jpg
P8190504.jpg

Latest posts

Back