BO15 Cyrus the Virus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sanded and buffed the tank and fenders. Unfortunately I am exhausted from the heat and humidity, so no striping tonight. I feel weak and my hands aren't steady. Maybe later tonight after I eat something, but probably tomorrow.

There are a couple of spots on the outer edge of the fenders that need some hiding. I came up with a design I like to hopefully hide them, but won't know until I lay it out.

P8230513.jpg
P8230514.jpg

Last edited:
I broke out the paint, mixed up a Lime Green, grabbed a striping brush and started outlining. I wish I had a stand for the tank as I have to do the top and one side, then let it dry overnight so I can do the other side without anything smearing the first side.

After all these years, I'm still amazed at how much some striping can change the look of graphics.

P8230515.jpg
P8230516.jpg
P8230517.jpg
P8230518.jpg

I was going to add more pinstriping to the tins, but I think it will be too much. You have to know when it's time to put down the brush! I can always do up the trailer when I build it.

I just finished the other side of the tank and have a heat lamp on it to speed up the drying time. So it looks like I'll be doing some assembly this afternoon. I sure hope I know where all the parts are to put Cyrus back together. As long as I don't run into any problems, I should be done in time for the deadline.

I can't believe I didn't lose any parts for this build. I found the BB cups!

What's left to do:

Finish the body work/paint the shifter, find a knob for it, run the inner cables, adjust the shifter and brakes, paint the one rear hub, and mount the seat and rear tires. Then I have to figure out how to get it out of the basement without scratching anything.:eek:

I forgot I had two perfect shift knobs for the build. Now, do I want stick with the green theme, or add more flames?

I need to do a little more welding on the shift mount, if I extend it, I can make the shifter mount a little more rigid.

Maybe take it outside before yoi assemble it? Just a thought.
I'll probably just pull the back fenders off and wait till it's outside to mount the rear tires. Hopefully it won't be too bad to get out.

Then how will he get it back into the basement again after photos? :bigsmile:

Fenders and tires off again! This thing does take up some space.

The latest update, the dual rear brakes passed the bench test. Front brake line is next.

Shifter housing is primed, the plate that the handle mounts to has been filed to a rounded edge on the outside and primed. I'll smooth it out with some filler in the morning and re-prime and paint satin black.

Last edited:
Front brake is hooked up and bench tested.

Now it's just shifter and seat.
I'm on the edge of my seat man. I'm about ready to drive up there and help you put it together I want to see the finished pictures so bad

All I had left to do was mount the seat and put the tires and fenders on. Simple, right?
Not for me, the front seat mount now won't line up and the back brakes are locked up. And while bringing it outside I lost one side of the master link for the chain. It seems everything I touch is wrong today. :headbang:

There are rarely any bugs in the backyard, of course while I'm totally frustrated and sweating, there are a ton of bugs bothering me.:mad: I was losing my patience and had to walk away for a while.

I need to see if I can move the bottom seat pan forward to get the front mount lined up. As for the brakes, hopefully I have the left one on the right side and vice versa.

Tic Tok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy2:

Brakes??
You wear shoes don't you?
I'm barefoot most of the time. I've pulled about 50 metal splinters out of the bottoms of my feet and burned my toes real good when a piece of 3/8" tubing wedged between them after cutting it off with a cut-off wheel.

Brakes are working, but need some fine-tuning. I guess all the drama for this build waited for the last minute. the lawn ate a few parts on me, making me even more mad. I was just about to have a childish temper tantrum and let everyone in the neighborhood know just what I thought of this trike when it all came together. The big spacers go on the other side you big dummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: Once I had the small spacers on the caliper side, it stopped binding on the wheel. I finished up just as the rain came.

Now I need to see if I can move the bottom seat pan forward about 1/4" and it will line up with the mount on the frame.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back