BO15 Cyrus the Virus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe do something like a receiver hitch so that the only thing you see on the trike is a slot that the actual hitch slides into and is latched with a cotter pinned bolt.

The frame is stripped down and ready for some grinding, sanding, filling, and painting.

I ground down the spacers that were used to make the cable guides, followed by a coat of JB Weld to use as a filler. They look much better than just straight tubes.

P8010412.jpg
P8010413.jpg
P8010415.jpg

Another one of those pesky spikes showed up.
P8010416.jpg

How do you do all the filling and sanding without the bare metal getting rusty while you work? Where I'm at, it's so hot and humid that it only takes a couple days for a bare metal frame to rust.

The house has central air conditioning, so it stays nice and dry in the basement. If I do see any light rust forming, a light sanding usually removes it before adding the filler.

The pic above are taken outside because I was sweeping up the sanding dust and needed to move the trike. While it was outside, I decided to take a couple of pics.

I can't believe this, but I'm thinking of painting the trike white. I've been drawing graphic ideas for the tank and fenders with no thought of the frame. The design I have in mind work with a white frame and allow just the right amount graphic work to tie the graphics on the tank and fenders.

This could all change by tonight. I have a love/hate with designing anything for myself.

Last edited:
Other than the Hurst equipped Oldsmobile, I can't think of another 'hot rod' car that was painted white.
I hope you wake up at 2 am with a different idea. **wink wink** :wink1:

Looks like I kept you guys busy on google last night! :21:

The one thing about a bicycle is, there is very little surface area on a skinny steel tube compared to those steel body panels on all the hot rod cars you managed to find. Granted, Psycho has some surface area on the tank and fenders, if he decides to paint those white as well. White does make for a good backdrop if you are going to use a lot of logos, or other colors to highlight it.

I'm not opposed to white bicycles, per se. Heck, I've actually owned a couple of them myself.

IMG_20150119_130547.jpg

Just my .02 cents on Psycho's Cyrus, I didn't see white coming as a frame color. At all.

Latest posts

Back