BO15 Cyrus the Virus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks like some sort of Romulan spaceship. Where are you hiding the cloaking device?

index.php

Well it's that time, time for me to complain about sanding!

I took it to the shop to work on it. 90+ degrees and LOTS of humidity make for a miserable day of sanding. After another 5 hours, it's starting to look like something. I'm hoping to have it in primer by the end of the week.

I just hope I haven't forgotten to get anything for this build, other than paint. I don't have time to get anything.

Last edited:
Well it's that time, time for me to complain about sanding!

I took it to the shop to work on it. 90+ degrees and LOTS of humidity make for a miserable day of sanding. After another 5 hours, it's starting to look like something. I'm hoping to have it in primer by the end of the week.

I just hope I haven't forgotten to get anything for this build, other than aint. I don't have time to get anything.
That should say "feels like" I am going to lose another ten pounds this week
Screenshot_20200812-100811.png

I could sure stand a few weeks of losing 10lbs a week!

Another horrible day for filling and sanding, it's so hot and humid that even the slightest amount of hardener in the filler kicks it off before you could get anything done. All the work I need to do is in very tedious places, mostly where I welded it together, all very tight spaces. This really slows the process down, you don't have time to neatly apply the filler, and when you're not neat it's a pain and time-consuming to sand.

I hope to finish filling and sanding tomorrow. I'll sure be glad when I get to start painting!

I could sure stand a few weeks of losing 10lbs a week!

Another horrible day for filling and sanding, it's so hot and humid that even the slightest amount of hardener in the filler kicks it off before you could get anything done. All the work I need to do is in very tedious places, mostly where I welded it together, all very tight spaces. This really slows the process down, you don't have time to neatly apply the filler, and when you're not neat it's a pain and time-consuming to sand.

I hope to finish filling and sanding tomorrow. I'll sure be glad when I get to start painting!
Yeah, it's just impossible to explain the "long and tedious" ness when you start details. I get it man.

After about 16 hours of the most tedious body work I think I've ever done, it’s just about ready for primer. I need to get another spacer, like the ones for the fender mounts, so I can sand the JB Weld I used around the fender mounts, Then it's primer time! I'm sure I'll find a couple more hours of filling and sanding after it's all one color.

How the Virus looks right now.

P8080443.jpg
P8080444.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes that sanding and filing work gets so bad that later your fingers cramp up doing simple things like putting socks on. :D

We have primer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy had to bust my chops a little. This was his way of telling me I was milking this job with all the time it took me to fill and sand it. :bigsmile::21::rofl::giggle: An udderly fantastic joke!

0813201042.jpg

It's so nice to see it one color, even if it is flat grey. Here it is with the epoxy primer on it.

0814201202.jpg
0814201202a.jpg
0814201202b.jpg

Last edited:
I am envious of your paint room!
I am even envious that your frame can be painted and hang to dry in the same room. :D

Latest posts

Back