D.I.Y. tool thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
im a big fan of keeping my cash and making stuff so i figured id start a thread on low buck D.I.Y. things that come in very handy...
ill start with this one:
truing stand for $3 :shock:
IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

the steel was a weight bench that was a trash grab(shhhh dont tell anyone i took some trash!!)
the pointers are some glass setting tools(got those from our glass guy for free)
just need to sand it down after i make the adjustable wing nut mounts for the glass sticks(aka bones)
but the wing nuts/bolts to do that will come to about $3(
im also going to add another bone to the bottom so i can do lateral and radial truing
anyone here could make the same for $5-$15 depending on if you have to buy the steel or bones...
okay...i showed one of my made tools....add to em guys!
build 'em dont buy 'em!!

Now that's SLICK.

SORCERER

No offense 8) but your US flag is displayed backwards. The union (stars) should be on the left. Gary

aka_locojoe said:
Schwinn kickstand removal tool.
Slot cut in a piece of pipe welded to a c clamp.

kickstand_tool.jpg
i had one of those afew years back till i need to do the brakes on my wifes car and that was the only 8" c clamp i had at home :roll:
keep em coming i know theres more out there!
ill try to post some more of mine as i make them...
and yeah b607 i know its backwards(no offense taken)...i was going to hang it upside down(we all know what that means right?) up until i thought about the fact that my grandfather gave me that flag and it is a 48 state flag so i didnt want to punch holes in it. so closest was backwards(no disrespect to our country just making a statement about the state of affairs over the last 12 years)....

jaysmo said:
aka_locojoe said:
Schwinn kickstand removal tool.
Slot cut in a piece of pipe welded to a c clamp.
this is genius!!
Thanks. Credit goes to a friend of mine who made it for me.

I'm stretching here... Upper right hand corner... it's the tool to disassemble a Bendix Automatic. Made from a socket.

DSCF6689.JPG

Latest posts

Back