Daddy Long Legs (former Thin legged cruiser)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.. now I know that's it fine for building a "normal" bicycle. And it a bit complicated to fit curved tubes in it. Anyway it's actually easy to use and pretty precise (I've build a road bike frame before)

Are those Schwalbe reflective tires? Man they look sweet. Also that size tire with this frame is out of sight! This one one of my favorite builds.

Are those Schwalbe reflective tires? Man they look sweet. Also that size tire with this frame is out of sight! This one one of my favorite builds.
Yeah that are schwalbe big Ben 28x2 tires.
I'm used to wide rims and tires wider than 2" so for me that tires are thin.
And the whole idea was to try building a 28" wheel cruiser that would look massive and go as fast as a road bicycle. That's why I'm using 1" crmo tubing (that does not bend, as I know now).
I believe that the whole frame will not pass beyond 2kg mark.

I am liking how those bumpy curves are turning out.

Well.. now I know that's it fine for building a "normal" bicycle. And it a bit complicated to fit curved tubes in it. Anyway it's actually easy to use and pretty precise (I've build a road bike frame before)
The welded curves on that bike remind me of bamboo , it would look sweet with a custom paint job to match ...
ca187ed985bbb6271d344fa37bd2babd.jpg
e5dbda17d450bb7d4c40c45a8e8693f7.jpg
1e3517ed8bd3d0592e190d97e72c82f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The welded curves on that bike remind me of bamboo , it would look sweet with a custom paint job to match ...
ca187ed985bbb6271d344fa37bd2babd.jpg
e5dbda17d450bb7d4c40c45a8e8693f7.jpg
1e3517ed8bd3d0592e190d97e72c82f6.jpg

My gf told me the same thing... guess I'll have to search for someone who can do some airbrushing. (I'm no good at painting[emoji1] )
Something like that maybe?

Last edited:
My gf told me the same thing... guess I'll have to search for someone who can do some airbrushing. (I'm no good at painting[emoji1] )
Something like that maybe?
Sneaky that was fast did you photo shop that ! Sweet

Sneaky that was fast did you photo shop that ! Sweet

Autodesk sketch and Samsung note pen help a lot when you want to get an idea of how it would look like.

It's funny how on a build you have a plan In your mind on how it's going to look & as the bike transforms, parts or circumstances change , before you know it it's not what you planed at all but it's turns out cool or sometimes even cooler than planned . Some how I think that's what has happened to you on this build ... [emoji232]

It's funny how on a build you have a plan In your mind on how it's going to look & as the bike transforms, parts or circumstances change , before you know it it's not what you planed at all but it's turns out cool or sometimes even cooler than planned . Some how I think that's what has happened to you on this build ... [emoji232]

Absolutely.
It was going to be a nice smooth bike painted in grey and red.
Think I'll decide about the colour scheme once it will have all pieces on it. [emoji1]

Absolutely.
It was going to be a nice smooth bike painted in grey and red.
Think I'll decide about the colour scheme once it will have all pieces on it. [emoji1]
That dry bamboo look wouldn't be bad either tan & brown

Latest posts

Back