Daddy Long Legs (former Thin legged cruiser)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today is a great day! It starts to look like a bicycle (i have to do a lot, put a BB, check all joints, clean and file everything nice), i could not resist to skip forward to the fork so I've brazed it really fast together just to see how it will look.

I'll take a little brake on that build.. need to clean up the mess in my project room.
So tomorrow it will be wiping and cleaning instead f cutting and brazing

With all the joints in the frame it kinda looks alien like, I bet if John Carter had a bike on mars it would look something like this one.

With all the joints in the frame it kinda looks alien like, I bet if John Carter had a bike on mars it would look something like this one.
It wold not be out of place in Australia
PHH9DDrBQhDFLK_1_l.jpg

Phenomenal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

today is a great day! It starts to look like a bicycle (i have to do a lot, put a BB, check all joints, clean and file everything nice), i could not resist to skip forward to the fork so I've brazed it really fast together just to see how it will look.

I'll take a little brake on that build.. need to clean up the mess in my project room.
So tomorrow it will be wiping and cleaning instead f cutting and brazing
Aaaaah patient grass hoper , paint the fence . Sand the floor . Wax on wax off only then will you see the fruits of your labor
a77d0c783a4a2ac97b03c869747d943a.jpg
e0bca735150c876679ad187e82c7c687.jpg
435f2d840590bf175d8a0a4a36fec8f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This bamboo scoot is taking shape Daniel son . Rats do like bamboo !!!

It's like a cool alien skeleton!

Now the frame is out for primer, I'll have some time to Photoshop some ideas on the colour.
And I have some difficulties on handlebars... what do you think a board tracker style, drag bar or some ape hangers?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Drag bars or clamp ons might be cool,but how difficult would it be to ride

The welded curves on that bike remind me of bamboo , it would look sweet with a custom paint job to match ...
ca187ed985bbb6271d344fa37bd2babd.jpg
e5dbda17d450bb7d4c40c45a8e8693f7.jpg
1e3517ed8bd3d0592e190d97e72c82f6.jpg

Beat me to the punch.:blackeye:
:grin:

Not only does it look cool, but the geometry seems like it would be pretty comfy
It actually would look pretty cool to do some faux painting to make it look like bamboo.

Not only does it look cool, but the geometry seems like it would be pretty comfy
It actually would look pretty cool to do some faux painting to make it look like bamboo.
You are right it's really comfy ride position ( I still have to find cool looking handlebars) tomorrow I think I'll be able to make a test drive and post a video of how it look.

About riding position.. I've read on Internet that the distance between the centre of BB and middle of the saddle should be a 85% ( I believe it was 85%) of the distance between your crotch and the ground ( you should wear your cycling shoes they say). So I've based the position on that. And it seems to be almost correct.

About riding position.. I've read on Internet that the distance between the centre of BB and middle of the saddle should be a 85% ( I believe it was 85%) of the distance between your crotch and the ground ( you should wear your cycling shoes they say). So I've based the position on that. And it seems to be almost correct.

I wonder if those measurements are the same for a recumbent?

Latest posts

Back