Daddy Long Legs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the frame you are putting the fork on?
Yes. It'll be the long distance bike. Japanese steel, Canadian design, modded in the British "tourer" style. Should look alright next to one of your green Raleighs. I'm even thinking about a fender or rack

Yes. It'll be the long distance bike. Japanese steel, Canadian design, modded in the British "tourer" style. Should look alright next to one of your green Raleighs. I'm even thinking about a fender or rack
I have lots of racks

Any that don't require rack mounts on the seat stays? I broke about half a dozen drill bits trying to get these cleared, without success. Have a good sized hole all the way through one, but couldn't get all the way through the other. I did manage to get that stuck cable end out of the guide though!

While the cable guide is off,
View attachment 196439
Unable as of yet to crack the code, nothing I've seen on Nishiki serials are even close
Nishiki wasn't a manufacturer themselves, they contracted through several companies.

Fairly (Taiwan) made
Year ending in 7
12th month

Matches your Shimano date code. :thumbsup:

Secured an important piece today. I was so sad when this old bell fell apart, was a part of this bike for decades
IMG_20220806_124923883.jpg

Obviously something rare and valuable like a plastic bell is impossible to replace but I think I did ok
IMG_20220806_124939573.jpg

Last edited:
I do it to be the opposite of the zombies. I want everyone to see me having a good time. Gary said in his autobiography that I should be a bicycle ambassador, make everybody happier about bikes in general. I act a fool on the streets to do my part

I’m afraid that my little Tokyo Bell, is decorative as it is, is not loud enough at all.

I’m thinking that the sound generating device should be powered by the moving bicycle, like a card between the spokes, but only activated when you push the lever (or whatever.)

The faster you’re moving, the louder and more vigorous it should ring, toot, squawk, or whatever.

My normal riding takes place in some very quiet and peaceful circumstances, where the worst thing I have to worry about is a soccer mom backing out the minivan.

So I don’t need a noise maker very often, but when I do need it it needs to really be there.

This would also be an excuse to put a tank on a bike, as an acoustic coupler or horn for your noise maker. This could focus the noise ahead of you, instead of wasting it by a 360° projection.

Man, Anyone else miss "Bikeman" on YT? My brother told me about him and I learned a lot. :thumbsup: Never saw that video though. Those cranks would be crazy on a group ride or parade tho. Think brigade of Shriners with synchronized pedaling. :)

Bikeman taught me a ton, him and RJ The Bike Guy.
Bikeman is a bruiser. RJ is a finesse dude. They both have their place. Can't thank them enough.

Latest posts

Back