Dad's old bike from circa 62'/64'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My father recently passed and while putting together photos for the service, I found this one. Need some help I.D.'n my Dad's old bike he got for Christmas back in the early 60's (circa 61'ish-64'ish). I am pretty good at identifying bikes as I have been in this hobby for quite a while. Shockingly, I am somewhat stumped on this(I'm into slightly older models). From the photo I can see what lookslike a Huffy/Firestone tank with a white graphic. The front of the tank has two red reflectors on it,Wich I have seen before on a few diff. bikes of the era.The headbadge looks like a white square with a oval sized center name/brand.The name at an angle and what looks like a small circular mark above it.. I thought Columbia originaly but It's definitely not.(might be a hardware store badge) The front fork has the short chrome truss rod/rack set up similar to what I have seen on Murrays,Huffys & Firestones. The rear rack appears to bea bit spacey. The stamped rear of it looks like two subtle fins. I have blown the photo up as much as I can right now and have a more computer savy friend coming over this week to help further detail the pic.
Any help would be great in identifying this bike. I plan to add the exact model bike to my colection,as he was the one who got me into bicycles
Thanks in advance!
-Kreep-

to mee it looks like your fathers bicycle could be a middlewight rollfast i have the same tank logo on a girls rollfast ill send you the pic but my best bet is a rollfast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to mee it looks like your fathers bicycle could be a middlewight rollfast i have the same tank logo on a girls rollfast ill send you the pic but my best bet is a rollfast

A photo of what you have would be great. Thanks.
-Kreep-

03a9e6e71fd4860e58caca3105831cac.jpg

compare tank shape and graphics, see what you think. There is also a print ad on ebay under Ross bicycle ad.

compare tank shape and graphics, see what you think. There is also a print ad on ebay under Ross bicycle ad.
Thats is it. 100%. Definitely a Ross. Whats funny is tht i have looked at your thread before and hadn't made the connection. Have you found out a year or do you have a model name?? I now have to start the search for one. I might be contacting you in the future with questions. Thanks again!
-Kreep-

The fork crown looks Ross too. 61? I'll research. Chain bike corp. It could have been bought at local hardware store, and they sometimes had their own head badge. Was it bought in Dunedin?

Last edited:
The fork crown looks Ross too. 61? I'll research. Chain bike corp. It could have been bought at local hardware store, and they sometimes had their own head badge. Was it bought in Dunedin?
Thanks Wildcat. No, The bike would have been purchased in Norristown Pennsylvainia.My Grandfather worked at the local A & P grocery store & a few hardware stores as a glass cutter. I have no clue if it was purchased at one of these places.
-Kreep-

Thanks to 77XLT- I have been all over the Ross trail. I found some photos on here of a girls version of the same bike(minus the front truss set-up).
-Kreep-

Looks like it is a Ross"Riviera" model. Wich makes sense,because Ross was made in Allentown,Pa & he lived in Norristown,Pa-only about 40 minutes away.
-Kreep-

This is the condition as I received my Ross built and badged as Sky Ray. I have since purchased a tank, and I am currently in the process of a restoration. This side view will give you a better idea what to look for. I saw one go for sale on ebay last fall in great condition, so they are still out there. Good luck in the hunt.

Latest posts

Back