DANA transmission.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of these beasties coming to me. It will be fun to play with!

Gold Street Customs said:
I was actually very brave or stupid, but I had to open it up....morbid curiosity, and I kinda got it back together it works, I am just not 100% what I should use for lubrication, I will probably take it apart again in the future to put the rite stuff in it,
lost012.jpg

and here's a better pic of the build
baptism003.jpg

if it seals up tight then gear oil, differential oil, 75w or something like that. if it's not a tight seal then grease

FREE !!! :D :D :D I have 2 sets of information on the Dana Bicycle Transmission (11 pages total). The first set is a dealer info package . Dealer price was $15.00 with a suggested retail of $21.75. The second set has the installation instructions (written and photos). One page has gear charts for single, 3-speed, or 5 speed in combination with different wheel sizes. The last page is an order sheet. If anyone would like a copy of these, send me a self addressed stamped #10 envelope. It will need 2 stamps as 6 pages is the max for one stamp. Guess this will apply to USA residents only. Send to:

Felix Cartagena
P.O. Box 7382
Newark, DE 19714

Dbubbleguy said:
FREE !!! :D :D :D I have 2 sets of information on the Dana Bicycle Transmission (11 pages total). The first set is a dealer info package . Dealer price was $15.00 with a suggested retail of $21.75. The second set has the installation instructions (written and photos). One page has gear charts for single, 3-speed, or 5 speed in combination with different wheel sizes. The last page is an order sheet. If anyone would like a copy of these, send me a self addressed stamped #10 envelope. It will need 2 stamps as 6 pages is the max for one stamp. Guess this will apply to USA residents only. Send to:

Felix Cartagena
P.O. Box 7382
Newark, DE 19714

Wow, Thank you sir!!! I will definitely be sending for a copy.
This is extremely cool of you.
I have to admit that I had to google what size a #10 envelope was (4 1/8 x 9 1/2). :oops:

I have one that is brand new, still in the original blisterpack. The packaging is a little worn from being moved around. I might be persuaded to part with it.

I received the great Dana info packet from Felix. Thanks buddy!

According to the info, these do not freewheel, they allow you to use your existing coaster brake and also automatically downshift to first gear.

could you email me this packet? I got ahold of one and pulled it all apart today to clean and regrease. Besides being dry it was in mint condition (still in package). Its a pretty cool design and I spun it a few times after putting all the planetary gears and 3 clutches back together without the cover on.

Hey Aaron- I don't have the Dana Info scanned but if you send me a SASE, I'll send it via snail mail.... Felix

FREE !!! I have 2 sets of information on the Dana Bicycle Transmission (11 pages total). The first set is a dealer info package . Dealer price was $15.00 with a suggested retail of $21.75. The second set has the installation instructions (written and photos). One page has gear charts for single, 3-speed, or 5 speed in combination with different wheel sizes. The last page is an order sheet. If anyone would like a copy of these, send me a self addressed stamped #10 envelope. It will need 2 stamps as 6 pages is the max for one stamp. Guess this will apply to USA residents only. Send to:

Felix Cartagena
P.O. Box 7382
Newark, DE 19714

Felix, or anyone who contacted Felix... Do you still have these info sheets? I'd like to get a copy if possible... TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump this ancient thread back up.
@Blackout may be interested.
I can't remember where I put my copy of the manual.
@Dbubbleguy .. Felix, do you still have any copies of these?

Actually. I think I have my copy of the instructions in the box with my Dana in my shop. I'll try and scan some copies and post.

Bump this ancient thread back up.
@Blackout may be interested.
I can't remember where I put my copy of the manual.
@Dbubbleguy .. Felix, do you still have any copies of these?
I think I still have these somewhere. Just need to poke around. I have plenty of time, having been sequestered in my apartment for the last 2 months. Although I work part time at an essential business, my bosses and I agreed because of age and health problems I should stay home. Will post when I find something...

Latest posts

Back