Day one on a single speed build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just started cleaning up this bike toady and playing with it.
It is a very big FUJI 12 speed frame, running 16 teeth in the back and 32 on the front.
not to heavyat all, just need to put a cog on the back, get a cool looking hand brake, seat, and a few things here and there, then paint.
Any ideas on colors for this bike,
bikesingle4.jpg

black frame white forks or vice versa always works well for me :wink:

Give it a polish and your good to go 8)

I say leave it cause those Fuji decals are awesome not to mention that color. I'd maybe think about tossing a bigger chain ring or you'll be pedaling like crazy with that setup. Great if you have a lot of hills but normal riding will get tiring after a block. Granny's in their hoverounds will be passing you up. lol.

ya, I'd leave the paint as is. and maybe go with a 14t bmx freewheel instead of 16. they make 'em that small right? you still might want a chainring closer to 39 or 40t though.

I agree with leaving the paint as is. If you want to add color look at something complimentary to the green, like orange or red. Accent pieces, like bar tape, pedals, maybe a chain...you know, stuff like that.

Just my .02.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back