Dazed and confused ( finished !)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda threw a few things together gotta wait a week or so and wet sand and polish the paint. White seat arrived , waiting on the 48inch sissy bar. Not feeling the seat yet. Looks a little too " off the shelf". May have to make a coffin banana seat out of a chunk of purple heart wood I have if time permits....
IMG_20190604_211856796.jpg

Kinda threw a few things together gotta wait a week or so and wet sand and polish the paint. White seat arrived , waiting on the 48inch sissy bar. Not feeling the seat yet. Looks a little too " off the shelf". May have to make a coffin banana seat out of a chunk of purple heart wood I have if time permits.... View attachment 97111
IMG_20190604_211530860.jpg

Got the 47 camper ready for a leg or two of the hot rod power tour next week while I'm on vacation. Gonna toss the little red Sears "racer" I did a few months ago on the back for looks , and maybe some cruise time. Bristol Tennessee to Sparta kentucky Tuesday should be a nice cruise 12 year old nephew hopefully riding shotgun / navigator .
On a side note my nephew at 10 helped design and build the camper on the back of the 47. The truck has air conditioning seat belts 385 hp small block , a 5 speed , and in back a matress , water tank, separate electrical system , stereo etc. Really really looking forward to Tuesdays run. Looks to be a nice break in rainy weather that day too! off topic but thought the red bike and camper might be interesting
IMG_20190511_224757028.jpg
IMG_20190415_185332116_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190407_163642605.jpg
    IMG_20190407_163642605.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 152
We cut the Bristol section as it's raining alot today. Nephew and I are going to run tomorrows section up to Sparta KY, camp overnight and head back Wednesday before the rain returns. Only going to be about a 150 mile trip now due to the Monday and Wednesday rain but we will have fun regardless. We spent yesterday together wet sanding the build off bike and built a big platform in the garage for more bikes! We will be back in dazed and confused Wednesday !
IMG_20190609_203617157.jpg
IMG_20190609_203642127.jpg

Nephew and I had a blast on the power tour, even slung the camper around the autocross track for kicks. Mounted the tires on the build off bike today and my little buddy even started mocking up a jockey shift topped with an old walnut knob from my first car. I already won the buildoff as far as I'm concerned with the few hours of Uncle Ben and Ethan time it has provided. Thanks again for putting on this cool outlet for creativity and bike building! Disassemble , re clear the wet sanded frame , a kick back bmx seat post, copper headers, and final re assembly soon!
IMG_20190613_183603656.jpg
IMG_20190613_183633810.jpg
IMG_20190613_183612017.jpg

Could you flip the mount and have your rear light come out from under the seat between the rails on the sissy? Really like the whitewalls on there!
What do you have planned for a crank set?

Could you flip the mount and have your rear light come out from under the seat between the rails on the sissy? Really like the whitewalls on there!
What do you have planned for a crank set?
Yeah I'm gonna out the caddy light under the seat between sissy bar rails. A little bulky off to the side just haven't drilled out the rest of the bar yet. Not sure about the crank yet. Re clearing the frame today so it's all disassembled. Have a few options laying around.

Latest posts

Back