decal help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
hey, here is my problem, when I slide larger decals (6X1 inch) of of the paper the edges curl under and I can not get them to lay flat. I do not see this problem with the smaller pieces that I have done and do not remember this as an issue when I did models as a kid, any ideas?

Troy

Water decals are easy, wet them. Plastic are another story and I have no solid ideas. I have used an iron to straighten and shrink retrived stickers. (Flat iron with no holes I used for waxing ski's, snow boards and the like.)

mikeeebikey said:
Water decals are easy, wet them. Plastic are another story and I have no solid ideas. I have used an iron to straighten and shrink retrived stickers. (Flat iron with no holes I used for waxing ski's, snow boards and the like.)
these are water slide decals. not sure why its doing it thought it was the paper and tried a different source for the stuff but same problem.

I was looking at a how too the other day and they said leave them in the water for 15 seconds
and that if you left them in the water too long they would curl up. Another woman put a little soap
on hers and then kinda squeegeed the excess out.

Uncle Stretch said:
I was looking at a how too the other day and they said leave them in the water for 15 seconds
and that if you left them in the water too long they would curl up. Another woman put a little soap
on hers and then kinda squeegeed the excess out.
ok, used cool water not warm left in for suggested time then slid on the six inch side instead of th one inch side. I think but not sure that sliding 6 inches of the decal across the 1inch wide paper may have stretched it causing the edge curl. the cooler water i think may have helped to but am not sure. failed 3 times the long way success first time short way. will have pics of the chainguard on the 53 Schwinn wasp thread tomorrow! only assembly left!

Troy

Latest posts

Back