der Rod Baron

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
rodbaron8color.gif

Achtung! It's done! My WWI-themed take on a modern-day Monark.
rodbaron10.jpg

Lest we forget, it started out as the frame from an abandoned Diamondback Voyager, and a Control Tech Leader fork with an obscenely short headtube that I grabbed for $70 from a bicycle co-op:
headtube1.jpg

leaderfork1-1.jpg

Trimmed the frame's headtube, seat tube and a bunch of cable fittings, cleaned up the frame and added new engine-turned tank panels. Wheels are DH-39's with freebie red cruiser tires.
rodbaron6.jpg

Bars are Haro Slim Bars with the bottom chopped off. Pocketbike clip-on brackets hold 1" seatposts for use as machinegun/pursuit handlebars.
rodbaron1.jpg

More pics:
rodbaron0.jpg

rodbaron7.jpg

solution2.jpg

rodbaron2.jpg

rodbaron5.jpg

rodbaron.gif

BUILD THREAD: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/vi...k=t&sd=a&sid=0a30d1a0f46bb6045bdccd13b1bcce25

GREAT BUILD!! GREAT THEME!! HAVE A COLD ONE ON ME !! PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
GREAT BUILD!! GREAT THEME!! HAVE A COLD ONE ON ME !! PEACE
I would have one, but I had to rush to take these pics at 7 this morning! I'm working all weekend to get a new product out the door on August 1st. I'll try to keep a browser window open to see all the great builds that are being finished this weekend.

The focus of this build was really to make it a solid rider. With that Leader fork and the 44/20T gearing, I can go for miles. I think the titanium seatpost I built might be a little stiff though - looking for something that transfers a little less vibration.

Dude, luckily i was following your thread, i still can't believe thats a new diamond back frame, i never would have guessed!!! i'll be searching for one of those frames! Congrats, it looks awesome! Great details.

Kustom_G said:
Dude, luckily i was following your thread, i still can't believe thats a new diamond back frame, i never would have guessed!!! i'll be searching for one of those frames! Congrats, it looks awesome! Great details.

"New" is relative, I guess. I think they were introduced about '98 and were made for three or four years. All the reviews I find online are really positive. Lots of "best bike I ever had" comments. I'd have to agree - this thing rides really nice.

Check out my frame, as its relatively similar to yous! I like the raw alloy and curved frame for sure! Also, yours is a nice take on an MTB!

oxyjansen said:
oxyjansen said:
Check out my frame, as its relatively similar to yous! I like the raw alloy and curved frame for sure! Also, yours is a nice take on an MTB!

The link would help, now wouldn't it! Duh!: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=43630
That electra frame is a beauty! Like I said in your thread: we should start a club!

Home run :!: What a great looking bike!

Latest posts

Back