Detroit area club

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I live in macomb county, close to lakeside mall. I am interested in finding a club, people or person interested in group rides or swapping ideas.

I live close to metro airport (Belleville) and would be interested in starting a club or just finding some guys who want to ride. hit me up.

anybody from the Detroit area interested in doing some rides this summer? I know there are alot of guys on this site from the Detroit area. lets set up a ride!!!

I'm near Yates Cider Mill.I might be interested in riding with couples.I'm close to the train track/bike paths

I live in Clay (Algonac) and would be interested in getting together for a ride. A rails to trails ride or stony creek would be nice, but I'd be more interested in a pub crawl or city cruise night. The problem around here where I live is that there aren't many trails or bike friendly roads. Heck I'd even consider a Detroit ride (during the day) :D

detroiter60 said:
I'm near Yates Cider Mill.I might be interested in riding with couples.I'm close to the train track/bike paths
where exactly is that? that sounds like good time! would be nice for a first ride.

Lostinday said:
detroiter60 said:
where exactly is that? that sounds like good time! would be nice for a first ride.

Well,I live N of 23 Mile Rd and E of Mound in Shelby Twp,I think you're quite a hike down I-94 from me.The closest entrance to the bike path is about 3 miles.I get on from 24 mile just E of Dequindre. Yates is about 3 miles W. straight up 23 mile Rd from me.I've taken many rides there,it is nice but can be way over crowded...I usually ride with the girlfriend but like to get out for a ride/drink/whatever with the guys too.

I don't mind the drive and my girlfriend wants to come, she loves the old bikes and claims all mine as hers! anyone else interested?

Best of everything to you guys. I'm anticipating getting together with some Iowa folks here when some decent weather gets here too. 8)

There is also a trail that start at van dyke and hall road and follows the parks down to Utica and schoenherr. And it could become a bit of a pub crawl "down town" Utica is a short bike ride away from the trail head.

Mydogisnuts said:
There is also a trail that start at van dyke and hall road and follows the parks down to Utica and schoenherr. And it could become a bit of a pub crawl "down town" Utica is a short bike ride away from the trail head.

Thats a nice ride,I did it again last fall.We ended up @ the Shamrock in Utica

we ride all the time in beautifull Owosso!! We had a ride Sunday St. Peddlers Day....38 riders....we ride every other Friday starting in May and have a great time...240 was the most.....check out our group on Facebook Peddlers B/C ...We also have a cool gig called Owosso Bike Fest August 11th......9th annual event.....or call my shop House of Wheels 1-989-725-8373 also check our facebook page for pics of our event....see ya at Saline last Sunday of April

Rick

Michigan Rick said:
we ride all the time in beautifull Owosso!! We had a ride Sunday St. Peddlers Day....38 riders....we ride every other Friday starting in May and have a great time...240 was the most.....check out our group on Facebook Peddlers B/C ...We also have a cool gig called Owosso Bike Fest August 11th......9th annual event.....or call my shop House of Wheels 1-989-725-8373 also check our facebook page for pics of our event....see ya at Saline last Sunday of April

Rick
I'm gonna have to make a road trip! checked out your facebook page looks like a ton of fun to be had!

I live in Ann Arbor but I work in Macomb Cty. I'm into joining a group ride sometime. Hines Drive on the west side (runs from Dearborn to Northville) is another great place to ride. Once a week I think it's closed to cars & the whole road is open to bikes. I was planning to bike to Billetproof this year (I usually bring a bike to the park), but they moved it to Milan Dragway.

There's some cool spots in the city of Detroit I plan to ride someday--Riverwalk, the newish path along the river downtown (there's even a bike shop there with rentals), the Dequindre Cut was an abandoned sunken rail line that was a favored spot for graffiti artists, it's now a trail, but the graffiti remains. You can ride it from Eastern Market to Belle Isle, another good place to ride (& hang out & drink cold beverages). All these places are safe, during the daylight at least.

Anyone interested in riding sometime on the 4th of July weekend. Thinking if the path that starts in heritage park (if the Clinton river recedes). Maybe meet up in the park in Utica next to the library.

Latest posts

Back