Devist8er ~ Oct update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Devist8er

Hey Guys thanks for all the great complements.
Crazy busy couple weeks, between work and trying to get some time in on this bike. I am REALLY want to get this together and ride it now. :D The frame is done and I've started the assembly.
Now I've got to start on the forks. Pick up a 6' length of 1-1/2 aluminum tube to use for the new fork legs.
ff-sr_zps3ec6227a.jpg

ff-fr_zps215a535d.jpg

ff-br_zps6dd90e55.jpg

And since I'm a Triumph nut and use a fender from one I had to add a couple Triumph logos.
triumphtag_zps5ce17076.jpg

Trying to accent the bike with red anodized components.
postclamp_zps5b412820.jpg

headset_zps270cbd5b.jpg

Here's the rear wheel all set up with an 8 speed / roller break and half link covered chain :!: 8)
installedrw_zpsdc173977.jpg

evalu8r said:
Hey Guys thanks for all the great complements.
Crazy busy couple weeks, between work and trying to get some time in on this bike. I am REALLY want to get this together and ride it now. :D The frame is done and I've started the assembly.
Now I've got to start on the forks. Pick up a 6' length of 1-1/2 aluminum tube to use for the new fork legs.
ff-sr_zps3ec6227a.jpg

ff-fr_zps215a535d.jpg

ff-br_zps6dd90e55.jpg

And since I'm a Triumph nut and use a fender from one I had to add a couple Triumph logos.
triumphtag_zps5ce17076.jpg

Trying to accent the bike with red anodized components.
postclamp_zps5b412820.jpg

headset_zps270cbd5b.jpg

Here's the rear wheel all set up with an 8 speed / roller break and half link covered chain :!: 8)
installedrw_zpsdc173977.jpg

All I can say is...........

6a00d83451688169e2015436c8e110970c-320wi

That's it for to night. Cut out a hole in the lower tube to run the cables internal. Set up the head stock, spring and leading links fort the forks. installed the bars, levers and ran the cables, installed with Dirty Dog cable guides to match the stem. I've got tomorrow to do some work on the house and fit some time in on the forks.

cablehole_zps0d22c19f.jpg

forkhead_zps2219e813.jpg

cablegides_zps2cdbbc8f.jpg

Man everybody is coming up with some really cool designs. I hate that I don't
have the vision. Its really turning out nice. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
For some reason it reminds me more of a suit of armor. Maybe just me. :?

I'm riveted !!!!! This is brilliant :shock:
Heads will turn for sure when this starts rollin...
I have always loved those american airstream trailers...Would love one,guess I will have to move to the good ole USA... :D

How did you do the rivets? they are not pop rivets and getting to the back side to pean them is not possible. Share the secrete oh guru.

g-ratter said:
How did you do the rivets? they are not pop rivets and getting to the back side to pean them is not possible. Share the secrete oh guru.

I was thinking the same thing... :?

This is definately in my current top three to win the anything goes section :D

Man, I haven't been spending enough time here on the AG side!

Wow. :shock:

The only thing (if I can be so bold) that I'm wondering about, is the chrome seat post. With all of the raw metal and anodized bits, it seems a little away from the theme. But then again, it's a little hard to see in the pix. I might not be seeing the big picture yet.

I have to agree with the others, you've got a winner!

I can't take the credit for the method of setting the rivets. I asked Tater how he did his rivet bike..... He holds the secret :wink:

Glen said:
g-ratter said:

I was thinking the same thing... :?

This is definately in my current top three to win the anything goes section :D

Renaissance Man,
You're right about the seat post and it was something I was working on over the weekend. No rivets and no chrome and it blends right in now. Shall I post a photo?

Re: Devist8er ~ seat post Mod ~ 11 more Rivets

Ok, As Renaissance Man said the seat post wasn't in the theme of things and I had worked on trying to blend it in over the weekend.
Instead in rivets I had made divots down the sides of the bent back seat post and had polished/brushed it to look similar to the bike. YA! Tried to finish the divots and put a few holes right through. So I scrapped that and started over with this old stem and seat post.
seatpost1_zps0d5434c4.jpg

A bit of cutting and I married the two pieces, added the rivets and a stem spacer.
seatpost2_zps0be6194e.jpg

seatpost3_zps98f651f7.jpg

Added the red paint to the holes.
seatpost4_zps26148460.jpg

Here are some pricey red flats I'll be using.
ped_zps37a243fa.jpg

Latest posts

Back