Devist8er ~ Oct update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Devist8er ~ Dame I missed the dead line for entry

Sounds like you already won your prize anyway though!!!
Totally sick ride!!

One thing that separates this build is that I bet it is one of the few build off bikes that practically all of us would want to have.

This was definitely a vote from me. Too bad you missed the deadline but from what I've read, you've ridden yours more than anyone else!

This one would have ranked high.

What a shame you missed the deadline :( ...Oh! well there is always next year... :D

Not great to see you missed that deadline, though it looks like you are definitely enjoying it which is more important in the longer run.

Certainly combines usable, unique and a heap of fun in one package.

It is one I would like to see make a calendar shot on the airstream as it beautifully has that industrial practicality that becomes beautty because the form matches function so well.

It lived up to it's name I was devist8ed I couldn't vote for it, this was definitely one of my top 3! Still a winner in my book! I wish the Mongoose Beast designers could see this bike and make some changes to the next model year... :mrgreen: I'd buy one in a heartbeat! Now go bomb down some hills and have a blast on that wicked bike.

Wow! Thanks for all the great comments guys. Ya, I realize I still have a winner even if I didn't get in the finals.
Any rides I've gone on, people are looking. From kids that are amazed by the size of the bike and the tires to all types of adults that just have to have a second look.

I've taken it to a couple car cruise in's and it get just as much attention as the cars do. A couple of the most asked comments are "the bike must be heavy" and "That thing must be hard to ride".

I meet some gentlemen on the beach last weekend when I was out for a 8am ride. They were sitting having their morning coffee when I ride by on top of the soft sand. I waved and said good morning and they stopped me. The one fellow had just got back from a 7 day trip mountain biking in the Swiss Alps. So I offered the bike for him to ride. Who better to appreciate my bike. So down the beach he went, and came back with the biggest smile. He said it road better than his store bought bike and geometry was spot on!

I'll try and post a couple videos for me riding it up and down stairs, over a 19" long with no effort and on the beach.

Friday I'll be taking it out for its first full day of true trail riding. I'll be sure to post some shots from that.

Hope ya all had a Great weekend!
Shawn

SHEAR AWESOMENESS BUMP
DF5_zps09ec8944.jpg

Latest posts

Back