Devist8er ~ Update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update on the Devist8er.
I've been putting it to the test the past few weeks by going is some Fat Bike and MTB races. So far I've had a couple flats and had to make some adjustments to to forks and replace the chainring. Other than that all has been working well. It's a bit hard on the legs when your not just cruising around, weighing in at over 50lbs.

Placed third yesterday in a 13 mile off road MTB race with a time of 1h-19mins and nothing has broke... knock on wood.

20131005_143229.jpg

Devist8er build - http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=72659&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

CONGRATS!!!
Love seeing a build off bike that is ridden. And that one was definitely ridden well!!

Thanks Guys,
I was a blast yesterday, the trails were very wet as we had a heck of a storm the night before so it made for a fun muddy ride. The bike works great in those conditions till you hit the slick mud...then it's like a muscle car on wet pavement. I find the brake system works well considering the weight of the bike. The front drum is a little soft but will lock up the wheel if needed and the rear roller brake is fantastic. I was through mud, sand and a couple creeks that were well over the drums and had no screeching (like disc brakes) grinding of grit and absolutely no failure. :D
Dam, I Love this thing!

Latest posts

Back