Diamond in the rough

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gathered this little jewel up on ebay tonight.
KGrHqQOKokE5lkI3ROdBOeUB40rr60_3.jpg

Looks like I'm gonna be hunting a set of aluminum forks for it as these don't look to be original.
KGrHqZi4E5deW1yBOeUDMb7g60_3.jpg

I'm wondering what those hangers above the forks and below the handlebars are for?
Should There be rods there or springs or what?

Seat's kinda different....doesn't look like something from that era though...wondering about that?
KGrHqRk4E5bkslQHBOeUDfZf460_3.jpg

But it is a Silver King !

KGrHqRigE5hBiV4WcBOeUDtMJw60_3.jpg

Any suggestions?

It's amazing what time does on ebay. This bike was listed a week ago and I nearly bid on it and would have nailed it for the opening bid price. Now, a week later, it relists, people see it and bam! Cool bike; I love those side reflectors like nobody's business.

The auction your speaking of didn't finish. The guy pulled it prior to the end...I know...I was sitting on it too. I contacted him. He said the owners wanted him to pull it.
Now..he wants an arm and a leg for shipping. I'm trying reason with him. I may just load up the old Honda and drive up there and pick it up as a matter of principle.

Jpromo said:
It's amazing what time does on ebay. This bike was listed a week ago and I nearly bid on it and would have nailed it for the opening bid price. Now, a week later, it relists, people see it and bam! Cool bike; I love those side reflectors like nobody's business.

Oohhh okay, that makes sense. I didn't watch to the end, just saw that it had ended. I'd say no on the fork; I think the only steel forks were for the springer models but I can't say for sure.

Go pick it up!

Latest posts

Back