DILLIGAF Shelby "Bareflow" (formerly Hiawatha Arrow)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DILLIGAF NOW Shelby "Bareflow" (formerly Hiawatha)

Love the frame, forks, build name, and kickstand!

Dilligaf,
Loving the build thus far... on both bikes. I usually don't mind when people build up early bicycles, but I truly am happy that you let the Arrow go to a good home, it's one of only I'd say 20 OG survivors (20 might be generous). I think it shows real class on your part and shows that not only are you a builder and rider, but you also appreciate the history that's gotten all of us to this point. A very stand up move on your part and you got a heck of a bicycle in trade for it too. Love those Shelby's and I'll be following your build from here on out.

Also, I have about 10-12 skiptooth chains just laying around... I'm always down for a trade if you are. Send me a PM and we'll work out some details.
Keep building it's looking great!!!!

judd

Tonight I tried to get my rear hub to work, with no success. It's a New Departure Model D. It was not working when I received it. I tore it apart, cleaned it and lubed it. Reassembled and it's not working. I have never worked on a hub before, so I might be missing something very obvious. Any thoughts? Could it be something with the plates? Here's a photo of the hub taken out prior to clean and lube.

love the look of this bike! hope the brake is salvageable \

Troy

Are you missing the spring/clip device that fits between that drive cone and the collar on top of the brake discs? (look for a schematic) Or is it broken? This would cause no engagement in forward no engagement of the brakes.

Latest posts

Back