Dirt Digger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, here we go. most have seen this bike already. i'll post what i started out with an what i first built. so i am going to tear it down again an do a redo on it. i really liked it before but there is always a better way. so here are the pic's. i will post pics as i go along so you can see i am really re doing it/the bike is a Murry but i don' know the yr or make.

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES226.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES229.jpg

so lets have fun building these make it simple, make it wild, but have fun.

Outlaw 8)

i got the bars from a Yamaha dirt bike. look to see if ya have a recycle motorcycle place. they have tons of bars. i got the bars for Black Wicked there too. cheap.

Outlaw 8)

well got the digger all torn down. been workin on my new rims, well they are older but ya know what i mean. picked out the color, now this is all top secret for now ya hear. will start sanding the frame an forks this weekend an primer and paint. so that's it for now. will post pic's as i go along.

Outlaw 8)

? for anybody who want to answer. should i leave the head badge on an the sticker on the seat tube an paint around it? thanks all

Outlaw 8)

Outlaw, we are neighbors. I grew up in Edmonds and have slowly drifted south over the years. Living in Lake Tapps area now.

kool, we have been trying to start a club have a few guys. will have to talk

Outlaw 8)

yeah, the more i look at it ,i think i should leave it as is and paint around them. thanks

Outlaw 8)

oh, got a couple of things for Digger today and refiguring the drive train as to what i am going to do an use. an how about cutting 36 straws an putting them on the spokes to paint the rim? man what a job that is. have to do the other wheel yet,hohumm,boring. so the build goes on.

Outlaw 8)

yeah the more i look at this bike the better i like it. when i get it all done i hope it will be a better bike. we'll see.

Outlaw 8)

well, just trying to decide if i want to go single speed or use a double chain ring with a rear derailier but i don't like the gear spread of the double chainring i have, so thinking about going to a bb conversion and putting in a 3 pc crank, that way i have a better choice of rings. hmmm, to many things to think of. my old mind can't keep up.lol

Outlaw 8)

haven't done anything on the bike. did get another front fork. still thinking about gearing if i want to put a double chainring an or go to muti speeds on the rear with either a single chainring or double. too much to think about. need to think fast as time is running out. yeah i know we still have a whole month, but what happened to Oct.lol
man there is some great lookin klunkers being built,wow.

Outlaw 8)

well started sanding the frame today. because of the double bars top and bottom i have to hand sand the whole frame,man what a job. thinking about doing a 7 speed on the rear and a single up front. am putting on a different chainring this time around. it will also get another seat. well its time to rest, ya know us old folks got to get our beauty sleep.lol. will get some pic's as soon as my wife gets batterys. well she has to do something around here too.later

Outlaw 8)

well got the bike all sanded and put on a couple coats of primer. was going to post some pic's but my darn machine is on the blink and won't let me post anything so i am using another machine to post this. as soon as i get mine fixed i'll post and hopefully i'll have it painted. later

Outlaw 8)

cman,yeah its starting to look good. waiting on some things. without my machine up and running i can't post any pic's. not sure if i'll make it on time as it's been raining and i have some othere things that came up, but i'll give it my best shot. at least this got me off my butt and i like the way this bike is going. so will just have to see what happens. all the builts are really looking good. great work everyone.

Outlaw 8)

Latest posts

Back