Disc brakes, old forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever put front disc on the old school forks like these?

e766a505.jpg

The thing is, that one is designed to bolt onto a 'Monark' type springer rocker. Venice Motor Bikes makes one that works with a 'Schwinn' type springer (they're also forum members). Maybe it can also run on a 'standard' (albeit bent) fork.

They're solid dudes, try reaching out to them they may have some advice for you.

Good luck dude.

Cheers,
Dr. T

I checked both of those out and the only problem is that they are both designed for springer forks that basically have two legs on each side. Those monunt to each leg and by having a standard fork, there's no where else to mount the second hole. Venice motorbikes did have a VERY affordable schwinn springer repop, but I don't really want to add a springer front end to it.

I thought there'd be some kind if clamp style adapter out there but I can't find one if there is. I'm scrapping the three speed idea for now. That's the reason I wanted to add a disc brake to the front - I have a free wheel 3 speed and I'm painting my rims and don't want to use v brakes and rub the paint off.

So it's back to the single speed coaster brake set up for now. In the future, I'll either find a cheap 3 speed coaster hub or figure out how to mount a disc brake to my bent forks.

Thanks for your help!!

The ChoppersUS adapter works great on the front with a bit of work. Once you file off the tab it'll be fine, but will rotate if you apply the brake while the bike is rolling backward, I fixed it this way...
brake1.jpg

Latest posts

Back