DIY sissy bar....almost done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am doing a few projects recently, this is one getting closer to done than some others. I used the lowers from a standard seat support and fashioned this out of 1/4 rod I have in the form of something totally unrelated to bikes. All the twists and bends done by hand, with a torch and a few basic hand tools. The only thing left is weld on some mounts where it will bolt to back of a standard banana seat....which I do not currently have. And then to paint.
0409191547_HDR.jpg

Thank you! Am hopefully picking up a parts bike tonight to have a seat I can use to line up mounts. Then to learn about recovering seats....something I have tried in the past with varying degrees of success.

Parts bike has arrived. Seat measure 18" Branded Vista, and has flower pattern that does not work for me......So I will get to learn about how to recover 1 of these.

Wow! That turned out pretty well! I like what you did with this bike. Nice job. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! That turned out pretty well! I like what you did with this bike. Nice job. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!
It is still going....got a few more things to do, this is the current state. Snake skin tire up front, drilled one side of the old rotor mount tabs on the frame, broke and welded chain to one side, padlock fits in the other. New sprocket 40t, and fancy as heck gold drive chain. Almost done, but good enough for being a nuisance on the local bike path for now...
0420191517.jpg

Latest posts

Back