DOLOMITE GALLERY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently on big box bikes, there are several people that have said the screws are all over torqued and most are stripped from the factory.

Gonna swing over the neighbors house tonite, if theres a tool out there, hes got it. If not, I may just have to use some reverse take off bits and just replaced the screws with some normal torx ones.

As for brakes, Im just going to order some avid bb7s on ebay. $70 for a set of 2 calipers, pads, rotors and screws.

Don't feel the need to get something more expensive, and I hear good things about these, as in they are very comparable to hydrolic brakes.

Thanks for the tip on the brakes. I will order a set. Just curious, does your Dolo pull to one side or the other when riding straight on a paved surface? Mine tends to pull right and not sure whats up. I can see the fork is slightly tweaked from new when looking straight down from the top but?? I hear you on the expense issue. I wanted a fat bike but have 4 kids and could not afford to spend Surley type money. I will have about $600 total into mine when done.

As for brakes, Im just going to order some avid bb7s on ebay. $70 for a set of 2 calipers, pads, rotors and screws.

Don't feel the need to get something more expensive, and I hear good things about these, as in they are very comparable to hydrolic brakes.

I absolutely love my BB7s. I have a set on my red beast and they are GREAT! They feel better than my Avid Juicys, but not nearly as good as my Hayes Hydraulics. But you cannot beat them for the price. And they are really easy to setup. Just remember that it takes a couple good rides before they break in. So don't be disappointed if they don't work as good as you hoped right away.

I absolutely love my BB7s. I have a set on my red beast and they are GREAT! They feel better than my Avid Juicys, but not nearly as good as my Hayes Hydraulics. But you cannot beat them for the price. And they are really easy to setup. Just remember that it takes a couple good rides before they break in. So don't be disappointed if they don't work as good as you hoped right away.

That's odd, I find I like my Juicy 7's more than my hayes hydros on I had on my 2 MTBs. They had about 10 years difference with the hayes being the older pair, but both were excellent compared to rim or coaster.

Thanks for the info. blown240. Any major difference between the G2 and G3 versions

I think its just a bit of difference in weight of the rotors. and a slightly different hole pattern in the rotors. But I'm not totally sure about that...

Well couldnt source a wrench so i dremmelled a slot in each screw. The ........ are striping out they are so tight. Tried a heat gun also to no avail.

Any ideas? The steel bends when you put too much force on them. Extracter kit or are they gonna be too tight, any ideas? Someone had to have dealt with this before.. grrr

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Your probably going to have to drill them out and re-tap the threads.

They are a 5mm bolt, which is really really close to a 10-32 if I'm not mistaken.

Loving this crazy new ride. My thighs and calves are getting the workout of a lifetime riding this tank around town. An amazing attention machine.
10330366_10152058728041073_4012069389932529896_n.jpg

10325758_10152058728031073_388272899234168426_n.jpg

10314620_10152058728036073_1579746960818685332_n.jpg

Well. I think I have a pretty cool looking Dolomite, named "Chunkpunk"

Build thread and more pictures in the RRBBO #9 Forums section.
Voting is still open, and the fatty is not getting any love.

No, I've never gone, but my neighbor has gone a few times, and he really digs the bike. It was just done up as I like that style.

FT1_zpsd09e2d53.jpg

Posted elsewhere, also. My wife looked at the fenders & said, "I guess if they ain't legal, you'll be making them!"
It's now a 21-speed heavyweight beast, with a 22-t front sprocket, and 34-t rear sprocket. I got some serious inclines, around here!

Latest posts

Back