Don Prudhomme and the Good Year Dragster Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is only the second picture of this bike have seen. Hard to find info about but those picture surfaced last year. Appears to be Don Prudhomme sitting on it. The bike was used as a Promo for the color series Good Year bicycle tires. enjoy! :D

IMG.jpg

Like to see one of these built. :D

I never thought i would see a pic of The Snake pedalling a tricycle. That one is certainly worthy of The Snake.

Here is the other ad I have for this bike. The steering is really unbelievably complicated. If you click the picture you should be able to zoom in a little more. :D

IMG_NEW.jpg

Yep, good eye they are Iverson mags. :D

Wow! Now you have me thinking I've got to find out if this this thing still exist or not. Promotions Inc. (Builder) doesn't seem to exists anymore. Maybe Goodyear still has it.Checked out Prudommes website (no mention there).I guess I have to do a little detective work?

Keep me posted if you find out anything. I don't think Don was affiliated. Probably just saw it and hopped in it for a second.

RailRider said:
Looks just like the one I have hanging on my closet door.

outskirtscustoms said:
RailRider said:
Looks just like the one I have hanging on my closet door.

Cool, I will send you my address and you can mail it to me. How much? lol

It looks like Hemi or BBC valvesprings are used for front suspension. The steering reminds me of the simple steering that was on a diecast tractor I had as a child. Basically the steering rod coming down the "column" is bent at the front which intersects a slot in the front suspension plate. It would have to hang down such as in the pic because it needs to be long enough to intersect with the slot during full lock in either direction. The frame section between the rear cage and the front suspension may have started out as a ladder bar on a mid-'60s gasser such as a Willys or at least patterned after one. The rear cage may have been taken from a Jr fueler.
slingshotsteering.jpg

Back