Donkey Kong Loves Dubstep

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m struggling with the look of this bike, I thought it would look more cartoonish, but in photos the wheels almost look right.

Right now I’m torn, make it shiny or make it ratty, ratty is my normal style but shiny matches this build better.

Maybe I need to make my bars before I figure this one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 days of rain has kept me inside away from bikes, though I did drive to Virginia to meet a buyer for a road bike today.

I also looked at some parts for my other rat rod project I’m working on.

434535ce49ea3b7af871e54bca663ee3.jpg

Finish getting the parts and work done on the bike before worrying about paint and finish. Then step back and listen to what the build wants to wear.

That old truck is such a cool project!!! Details please?

That old truck is such a cool project!!! Details please?

Early 1947 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. Bought as a chassis/cab with running gear. Original 216 inline 6 was swapped with a mid 50s 235 inline 6 somewhere along the way. It’s been sitting for 25+ years. I’m planning to build it with 39 Chevy front end, it will have a steel truck bed, but sheetmetal from different years/makes.

Maybe I need photos of it beside 26” cruisers to really show how ridiculous it looks.

Yes, we need some scale. You've played around with the other end of the perspective needle before.

Time for this ape to come out of Page 3 quarantine. What level is Donkey Kong at?

I'm not sure how practical it would be, but it might look more "donkish" if you extended the dropouts down rather than back. Going back tends to cancel out the height gain visually.

I see what you’re saying but I needed to go back to clear the chainstays and seatstays. That being said, it is still very tall as is, it’s actually stupid. Haha

Latest posts

Back