Don't tell my 3 orthopedic surgeons I am here...

Aug 31, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a short update.

I have Stingrayed the old mountain bike. I have an original Schwinn handlebar with black grips, some new white Schwinn-style pedals that allow me to get me feet to the ground quickly when things get dicey (sometimes too quickly, but that's better than having my feet stuck on the pedals when I need to catch myself), and a new Lowrider 26-inch banana seat on an adjustable sissy bar. I have used layback seat post on the way too. I also installed new Jagwire cables since the new handlebar necessitated longer cables.

Over the winter I plan to install a 20-inch front wheel on a 26-inch fork and paint the whole bike with a completely tasteless psychedelic & lace paint job.

Attachments

Captain Awesome

Lord of Irrelevance
Pro Member
Aug 9, 2012
Sunny SC coast
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a short update.

I have Stingrayed the old mountain bike. I have an original Schwinn handlebar with black grips, some new white Schwinn-style pedals that allow me to get me feet to the ground quickly when things get dicey (sometimes too quickly, but that's better than having my feet stuck on the pedals when I need to catch myself), and a new Lowrider 26-inch banana seat on an adjustable sissy bar. I have used layback seat post on the way too. I also installed new Jagwire cables since the new handlebar necessitated longer cables.

Over the winter I plan to install a 20-inch front wheel on a 26-inch fork and paint the whole bike with a completely tasteless psychedelic & lace paint job.

That thing looks cool :cool2:

Can't wait to see what you do with the paint. I love some metal flake and lace

Reactions: NitroNeil
Aug 31, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing looks cool :cool2:

Can't wait to see what you do with the paint. I love some metal flake and lace
I build scale models and this is a Gasser I built from a Plymouth wagon aftermarket resin body. I used some lace decals on the outer panels and tried to create a fish scale type of motif in the middle. I want this bike to be a conversation starter with potential clients.

Attachments

Captain Awesome

Lord of Irrelevance
Pro Member
Aug 9, 2012
Sunny SC coast
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I build scale models and this is a Gasser I built from a Plymouth wagon aftermarket resin body. I used some lace decals on the outer panels and tried to create a fish scale type of motif in the middle. I want this bike to be a conversation starter with potential clients.
@OddJob check this out

Reactions: OddJob
Aug 31, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NitroNeil , check out our Rat/Rod Kit Bash in the 'Challenge' forum on the main Forums page. We're building models, with a twist!
Thanks @OddJob, I saw that. I'm not working on models much right now, too many other things going on. I did build the reissue of the Schwinn Stingray last winter.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020
Plymouth, Ma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, I'll second the trike, there are some decent conversion kits and alot of guys have done their own (check out atomic zombie) if you went with 20in the rear that would open you up to some nice 16inch moped slicks for the wheels add a bananna seat..

Captain Awesome

Lord of Irrelevance
Pro Member
Aug 9, 2012
Sunny SC coast
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You know I always look at these single down tube models and wonder about splicing in a hinge section from a little folding bike. Pop off the front wheel, maybe a QR on the stem to swivel the bars down, and with the hinge in the right spot you could make this trike half size

Or maybe I'm just daydreaming again.......:speechless:

Nevermind.........they do exist :banana: