DOUBLE L'S "Flame-Thrower" FLAT-TRACKER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried out the flame again tonight. Tightened up some joints and it really blasts now... maybe not real soon but I am working on adding an oxygen tank so I can cook hotdogs in ten seconds! :39:

I pinstriped on some ghost black flames onblack and maybe tomorrow eve I can shoot some photos an actually be able to see them. Playing along with the flame scheme on the flat-tracker. My older brother who is a paraplegic Vietnam veteran raced flat track Harleys when he was young...right before he was drafted. He still has a keen interest in flat track motorbikes and loves talking about them. I grew up only blocks away from a dirt and cinder half mile horse track that catered o a lot of bicycle and flat track motorcycle racing. I guess that is why I chose this theme for my bike. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did figuring it out. :headbang:

Today I fabricated a center stand for the Flat Tracker and it cane out ok. I'll be shooting photos in a few days but first there is a big bike meet to attend this weekend...can't miss it...may come up with some more do-dad's ????...also cvame up with a small extension for my propane exhaust pipe...a few millimeters TOO close to my rear for comfort!

Just my opinion, but I also thought it looked better without the red/yellow/orange flames you added. I like the idea of some more subtle flames though.

I think you should have stopped here.
Just change the grips and you´re done.
Yea, probably so...I have a problem with saying "Done" anyway, thanks for the comment...may go back to this stage....what kind of grips???

Love the fire and the flames! A rack on the back would make a nice grill for those hot dogs!
Thanks/// Yea, had a few ideas for that....may need a small oxygen tank and a mixer for a really hot clean flame. (?) Just a few removable hot dog forked tongs would work. crazy

Just build a trailer with a cooler and a row of hot dog and marshmallow coat hangers so you can make hot dogs and s'mores while your riding.

The obvious choice for grips would be the black rubber ones with flames molded into them... didn't they come on some of the OCC bikes?

Carl.

The obvious choice for grips would be the black rubber ones with flames molded into them... didn't they come on some of the OCC bikes?

Carl.
not a bad idea...but I kinda like the old patina crème grips with the pedals ??/may swap em out later and see...:39: thanks!

Rode it off the driveway today and attempted some photos. Center kickstand installed and works great. Man this bike really rides nice....perfect seat height and bar height....only wish it was element of design which is was not....maybe subliminally.

That's a wild ride!
Maybe just one more doodad.:39:

41r0C17WtIL._AA160_.jpg

Actually sitting on the remnants of the famous Athletic Park 1/2 mile oval (Horse Track) cinder & dirt bicycle ad motorcycle race track. Only about a mile from my house. A lot of flat-tracking dirt racing and earlier bicycle racing here. My 1939 twin-bar was raced on this very track in the early 50's by Jack (trader) Maxwell, now in his late 80's. I also trained for distance running on this track when I was in Jr High School. I then lived only a city block away. Never missed a flat track event although I was only in my early teens. Brought back some really "kool" memories.

Latest posts

Back